
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that Israel would do all it could to keep world powers from striking a "bad and dangerous" deal with Iran over its nuclear programme. Netanyahu said he had spoken with leaders of the United States, Russia, France, Germany and Britain -- five of the six world powers negotiating with Iran -- and told them the proposed deal was "bad and dangerous." According to Netanyahu, the agreement being advanced would remove sanctions on Iran while still enabling them to enrich uranium and advance work on a plutonium reactor. "I asked them what was the rush? I suggested they wait," he said in remarks relayed by his office. "I hope they reach a good agreement, and we will do all we can to convince world powers to avoid a bad deal." Netanyahu's remarks came hours after Iran and world powers failed to reach a deal on Tehran's nuclear programme despite three days of talks in Geneva. However, diplomats also said significant progress had been made in the marathon negotiations and that talks would resume in the Swiss city on November 20. The West and Israel suspect that the atomic programme of Iran, which is negotiating with world powers, including China, is aimed at developing nuclear weapons, despite Tehran's repeated denials. Israel, the Middle East's sole if undeclared nuclear power, insists Iran must be prevented from reaching a military nuclear capability at any cost, and it has refused to rule out a pre-emptive military strike.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor