preparations for third africaarab summit almost complete
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Preparations for third Africa-Arab summit almost complete

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Preparations for third Africa-Arab summit almost complete

Kuwait - KUNA

Preparations for the 3rd Africa-Arab Summit are almost complete with the draft agenda and Kuwait Declaration referred Saturday to Foreign Ministers who would meet tomorrow ahead of the November 19-20 Summit. His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah took the initiative and announced during the 2nd Africa-Arab Summit that was held in Libya in 2010 that Kuwait would host the next Summit. His Highness the Amir's initiative reflects his keenness to activating joint cooperation for the best interests of the people in the two regions, Deputy Premier and Foreign Minister Sheikh Sabah Khaled Al-Hamad Al-Sabah told a news conference, after the official opening of the Media Center of the Summit. He was speaking after senior officials ended their three-day meeting earlier today and agreed to carry out further studies over immigration, coordinate food security measures, and implement Arab-African partnership. Sheikh Sabah said the summit would emphasize the leading role of Kuwait's foreign policy to bridging gaps between civilizations with the objective of prosperity of mankind. Sheikh Sabah, speaking after the opening of the Media Center of the Summit, said the November 19-20 Summit, held under the theme "Partners in Development and Investment," aimed at achieving two objectives: achieving genuine partnership based on mutual benefit, and exploring new investment and development opportunities. Sheikh Sabah said the African and Arab sides formed three groups to prepare for the two-day summit. These groups, he added, held meetings in Kuwait, Cairo, Addis Ababa and New York. The groups, said the Foreign Minister, paved way for the Economic Forum that was organized by Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development (KFAED) last week, in which around 500 experts participated. The participants, he said, discussed work papers about the strengthening of trade between Arab and African countries, and exploring investment and development opportunities. The Arab and African regions enjoy "important strategic location" for the whole world, said Sheikh Sabah, noting that more than 70 percent of the Arab people live in Africa. The Foreign Minister said total population was over 1.2 billion people who enjoy "civilized and religious values, unique geographic diversity, and ancient scientific and cultural heritage." He added that the stability and prosperity of the Arab and African region meant "stability and prosperity of the whole world." Meanwhile, Head of the Higher Committee for Conferences, Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs and Health Minister Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah Al-Sabah said that 71 delegations from nations and international organisations would be attending the November 19-20 Africa-Arab Summit. On the number of official guests who have confirmed their attendance, he said these will include over 34 heads of state, seven deputies leaders and three prime ministers. For his part, Khaled Al-Jarallah, Foreign Undersecretary, said senior officials from Arab and African countries agreed to form a committee of the Arab League Secretariat and the African Union Commission (AUC) as well as a number of countries to study immigration, noting there were countries that hosted many immigrants and needed assistances. Al-Jarallah was speaking to KUNA following the preparatory meetings the Committee would discuss the immigration issue in near future and would refer its recommendations for the Arab League and AUC. Asked about any initiative by His Highness the Amir to be launched during the Summit, Al-Jarallah said "I am unaware of any initiative by His Highness the Amir," but His Highness Sheikh Sabah has always been backing common action in the Arab world or within African-Arab partnership. "The meetings over three days were constructive, good and fruitful," said Al-Jarallah. "Discussions were thorough and we have discussed many issues including Kuwait Declaration, many draft resolutions. There has been a consensus on Kuwait Declaration which reflected the agreement of the African and Arab sides on cooperation matters. This declaration will be referred to the ministers and then to the leaders," he added. Al-Jarallah said there were resolutions over the following up of Africa-Arab partnership, following up outcome of Arab-African meeting on agriculture that was held in Riyadh last month, as well as enhancing cooperation between the two sides through the African-Arab Institute of Culture in Mali. The two sides, he added, also agreed to coordinate the funding of joint projects as well as coordinate recommendations of the Arab-African Economic Forum that was held in Kuwait last week. Al-Jarallah explained that all African countries acknowledged there was no problem in funding since the Arab Development Bank was active in the African countries. he said the Arab Development Bank's capital has been increased to USD 4.2 billion. "We need coordination to channel these money and I think the African countries still need more funding and coordination," said Al-Jarallah. The senior official, meanwhile, said only Saudi Arabia offered to host the next summit. The Foreign Ministers will decide on the hosting matter, he said. The draft final communique noted that Arab and African countries host the summits alternately. Al-Jarallah said a comprehensive statement on Palestine was approved. Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, and Ethiopia's Permanent Representative to the African Union and UN Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) Kongit Sinegiorgis expressed appreciation of the efforts carried out by Kuwait aimed at the success of the talks and at boosting economic cooperation. Also, Foreign and International Cooperation of the former head of the summit, Libyan Undersecretary Abdelrazzaq Al-Graidi expressed his profound gratitude to Kuwait for the warm hospitality he had recieved upon his arrival. Meanwhile, Several roads will be closed just before midnight on Saturday amid tight security aimed at ensuring the arrival of incoming Africa-Arab Summit delegates, said a senior security official. "The Traffic Department will be closing Sabhan route, starting from the Seventh Ring Road en route to each of King Faisal and Riyadh motorways (opposite the area of Yarmouk)," said Director of Public Affairs and Moral Guidance and Acting Director of Security Media Col. Adel Al-Hashash. These measures will come into effect as of 11:30 p.m. this evening, and drivers were advised to use Sheikh Zayed motorway instead. For those intending to exit Kuwait International Airport, Al-Hashash suggested using Ghazali Road, while those intending to head to the airport were advised to use either of Sheikh Zayed, the Sixth Ring Road or Ghazali motorways. As for the official welcoming schedule of the guests, he said that on Sunday timings would be between 5:30 pm and 7:00 pm, with two periods set for Monday, in the morning (10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.) and the evening (5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.). The measures are being implemented according to the instructions of the Deputy Prime Minister and interior Minister Sheikh Mohammad Khaled Al-Hamad Al-Sabah, which have been decided upon in response to strategies and plans made in advance for the success of the mammoth international event, he added. Al-Hashash urged the public to cooperate with security personnel on the success of the event which, he said, is of huge significance to the nation

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

preparations for third africaarab summit almost complete preparations for third africaarab summit almost complete

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

preparations for third africaarab summit almost complete preparations for third africaarab summit almost complete

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eight

GMT 10:21 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eleven

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 06:15 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Volkswagen clinches record sales

GMT 19:33 2016 Tuesday ,14 June

Labour Party scrambles to avoid Brexit

GMT 06:55 2017 Monday ,09 October

Merkel 'nears refugee deal' with Bavarian allies

GMT 09:08 2016 Thursday ,19 May

EgyptAir Plane: What Could Have Happened

GMT 21:24 2017 Monday ,15 May

Emir Meets Directors of China's HNA Group

GMT 07:31 2014 Monday ,22 September

Our borders are extremely secure

GMT 13:52 2016 Friday ,12 February

Large-scale trials for Zika vaccines

GMT 09:33 2015 Thursday ,12 November

Peru's ancient city Caral
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice