
Rocket fire against government-held areas of Syria's main northern city of Aleppo killed at least 18 people on Wednesday, a monitoring group said. Among the dead were "five regime troops, including an officer," the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said. The attack on the Furqan and Meridian neighbourhoods also wounded at least 30 people, the Britain-based watchdog added. State television said at least 17 people were killed in what it described as an attack by "terrorists". Aleppo, which was once Syria's bustling commercial hub, has been one of the main focuses of the 33-month conflict since rebels seized large swathes of the city in an offensive launched in July last year. But despite persistent skirmishes between loyalist forces and the rebels, the front lines have changed little in more than a year.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor