south korea conducts largestever artillery drill to check north korean provocations
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

South Korea conducts largest-ever artillery drill to check North Korean provocations

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice South Korea conducts largest-ever artillery drill to check North Korean provocations

South Korea's military said Thursday that it has carried out the largest-ever artillery drill near the tense inter-Korean border
Seoul - Arab Today

South Korea's military said Thursday that it has carried out the largest-ever artillery drill near the tense inter-Korean border to demonstrate its determination to retaliate against future provocations, the Korean news agency Yonhap reported.

The military drills took place in the afternoon, one day before South Korea marks the first anniversary of the North's shelling of areas south of the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) that separates the two Koreas.

"Some 300 artillery pieces from 49 artillery battalions took part in the live-fire exercise. The K-9 and K-55 self-propelled howitzers attended the drills that kicked off at around 5:00 p.m.," the Ministry of National Defense (MND) said in a statement. 

In August last year, the two Koreas traded fire, an exchange triggered by North Korea's artillery attack in the DMZ.

In the latest military show of force, the Army's Arthur-K radar simulated detecting the "origin of incoming enemy artillery rounds" and sending the information to three artillery battalions, which struck the simulated Northern artillery site with K-9s and K-55s, the ministry said.

Moreover, an unmanned aerial vehicle was sent into the air to provide real-time damage assessments on the enemy side allowing military officers to decide whether to launch another attack to destroy the enemy's offensive capabilities, it said.

Last year's artillery shelling by the North was an extension of its provocations in August last year. Two South Korean soldiers were seriously injured -- one lost both legs and the other lost one -- in a North Korean land-mine attack on Aug. 4.

As Seoul resumed propaganda loudspeaker broadcasts at the border in retaliation for the explosion, tensions on the Korean Peninsula soared, which led to the artillery exchange.

On Aug. 25, the two Koreas reached a deal to defuse tensions after Seoul promised to suspend the loudspeaker campaign in return for Pyongyang's expression of regret over the land mines.

Source: MENA

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

south korea conducts largestever artillery drill to check north korean provocations south korea conducts largestever artillery drill to check north korean provocations

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

south korea conducts largestever artillery drill to check north korean provocations south korea conducts largestever artillery drill to check north korean provocations

 



GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 05:04 2024 Tuesday ,06 February

Skincare PR Performance Full Year 2017

GMT 19:19 2018 Sunday ,07 January

Has the good fortune for ETFs run its course?

GMT 10:31 2014 Tuesday ,23 December

Mirages of failure: Lebanon cannot wait

GMT 10:35 2011 Thursday ,06 October

3 Syrian Army and Police martyrs laid to rest

GMT 20:32 2014 Tuesday ,16 December

Egypt criticise attack on Pakistan army school

GMT 06:53 2017 Friday ,17 February

Tunisia announces visa exemption for Chinese tourists

GMT 08:23 2017 Wednesday ,01 November

Saudi Arabia to allow women spectators in stadiums

GMT 12:57 2017 Saturday ,28 October

Libyan army deploys additional forces in Oil Crescent

GMT 12:24 2014 Monday ,03 November

Hlavackova, Hradecka team up again after split

GMT 15:58 2013 Sunday ,03 March

Xinhua launches new media newswire service

GMT 08:33 2012 Wednesday ,07 March

GCC swimming championship begins today
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice