
South Korea confirmed Thursday that North Korea is developing solid-fueled rockets, which would allow the country to conduct rocket launches more "frequently." "North Korea appears to be in the (early) stages of developing solid-fueled rockets," spokesman of the Ministry of National Defense Moon Sang-gyun said during a press briefing. "North Korea's switch to solid fuel means it could do (missile) launches frequently," the spokesman said.
South Korea's military takes the move as a serious threat and is preparing countermeasures, he said. The North's state-run Korean Central News Agency reported earlier in the day it has successfully conducted a test of a solid-fueled rocket engine. It flaunted the test as an accomplishment that will boost its ballistic missile capabilities to hit enemies.
The success of this test will "strike great horror and terror into the hearts of the enemies," leader Kim Jong-un said during the test. Commenting on the claimed success, Moon said the North Korean report seems to try to show off the progress the country has made in its nuclear and missile programs.
Source: QNA
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor