
Syria's Information Minister Omran al-Zoubi said Wednesday that the Syrian government will attend the Geneva II conference on Syria and will be open to all ideas. The minister made the remarks during an interview with the Syria's main TV channel, during which he stressed the Syrian government's seriousness to attend the peace talks in Geneva to come up with a political solution to the protracted crisis in Syria. The minister however said that some parties will try to thwart the conference "as they thwarted the Iranian talks in Geneva," referring to the faltering talks between Iran and Western powers regarding Tehran's nuclear program. Slamming the exiled opposition coalition's preconditions before attending the conference, al-Zoubi said that his government was not concerned with the preconditions of the opposition, contending that the Syrian opposition in exile has no political program. He further noted that the opposition, which was reluctant to participate in peace talks with representatives of the Syrian government, had changed its stance because of the pressures of its Western patrons. Earlier this week, the exiled Syrian National Coalition (SNC), the main opposition umbrella in exile, said it would attend the Geneva II conference but placed a condition that President Bashar al-Assad must have no role in the transitional period in the war- ravaged country. The Assad administration repeatedly said it rejects preconditions prior to negotiations.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor