
The Turkish Foreign Ministry said Saturday that his country had dispatched an airplane to fly 21 of its citizens back home from South Sudan where clashes had left over 1,000 dead. The ministry said in a statement that the Turkish government is closely watching the developments in the troubled African country and that all necessary actions will be taken for the safety of the Turkish citizens there. Violent clashes erupted in South Sudan earlier this month between two military factions, one descending from the Dinka tribe to which South Sudanese President Salva Kiir Mayardit belongs, and the other descending from the Nuer tribe to which sacked former vice-president Machar belongs. Machar was ousted from his post in July and has been accused of plotting against the government since the eruption of the clashes two weeks ago. The fighting has displaced more than 120,000 people and killed more than 1,000.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor