
Turkey has requested NATO to extend the deployment of Patriot missiles for another year, a NATO official confirmed on Wednesday. "We have received a letter from the Turkish government requesting the continuation of the Patriot mission," the official who requested anonymity told Xinhua. "The North Atlantic Council has regularly assessed the situation and the implementation of the Patriot mission. It is clear that the overall risks and threats to Turkey remain serious," the official said. "Allies have shown a strong commitment to protect and defend Turkey. Any continuation of the deployment would reaffirm the determination of NATO to deter threats and defend Turkey, reflecting and confirming once again NATO's solidarity with Turkey," the official continued. In December last year, NATO decided to deploy advanced Patriot missiles to Turkey's southern border to counter potential attacks from neighboring Syria. The United States, Germany and the Netherlands have deployed six Patriot batteries and about 1,200 troops in the southern city of Adana and the southeastern cities of Kahramanmaras and Gaziantep.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor