
The White House said Monday the United States condemns the ongoing air raids by Syrian government forces and called on the nation to respect its obligations under international humanitarian law. These raids have claimed the lives of hundreds of civilians. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney spoke out in a statement against the recent air strikes by President Bashar Assad’s forces, which killed more than 300 people, many of them children, as the series of intensified attacks continued in rebel-controlled areas for more than a week. Carney said the US condemns the attacks, including the “indiscriminate use of SCUD missiles and barrel bombs in and around Aleppo over last week,” adding in the statement that the Syrian government had an obligation under international humanitarian law “to protect the civilian population.” Carney said the United States remained committed to helping end the bloodshed in Syria and that it was imperative for Syria to reach a “comprehensive and durable political solution” to the nation’s crisis.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor