
The Israeli army on Wednesday reopened the two crossings into the Gaza Strip which were closed as a punitive measure after militants fired five rockets over the border, a statement said. \"Kerem Shalom and Erez were reopened this morning and are operating as normal,\" the army said in a statement. The two crossings were closed on Monday. Kerem Shalom, which lies at the southern tip of the Israel-Gaza border, is the crossing point for all commercial goods, while Erez, which lies at the northermost point of the strip, is the terminal for travellers. Late on Sunday, militants fired five rockets at southern Israel, two of which were intercepted by the Iron Dome anti-missile system. The other three caused no damage or injury but prompted several retaliatory air strikes by the Israeli air force overnight, which also caused no injuries. Israeli military officials said they believed the rockets had been fired by Islamic Jihad as a result of an internal feud with the ruling Hamas movement, which is responsible for maintaining the calm along the border.
GMT 16:06 2018 Thursday ,30 August
Abu Dhabi Police receive over 51,000 calls during Eid Al AdhaGMT 15:59 2018 Thursday ,30 August
46 services go paperless in Abu DhabiGMT 00:15 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
UAE takes leap of faithGMT 20:57 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
UAE civil defence to install fire safety systems in homesGMT 19:27 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Sheikh Mohammed lauds UAE's ranking as most trusted governmentGMT 21:39 2018 Monday ,22 January
UAE to set up independent human rights committeeGMT 21:17 2018 Sunday ,21 January
13 Syrians have died of cold fleeing to LebanonGMT 14:41 2018 Sunday ,21 January
UAE climbs to 32nd place in global passport rankings

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor