bomb suspect denies involvement in attempted attacks in bangkok
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Bomb suspect denies involvement in attempted attacks in Bangkok

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Bomb suspect denies involvement in attempted attacks in Bangkok

Bangkok - Xinhua

A suspect of the attempted bombings in three Bangkok locations early Friday morning denied involvement, but police confirmed his wrongdoing, linking him to prior attempted bombing in Bangkok. Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubumrung and National Police Chief Prewpan Dhamapong on Friday jointly told a press conference on the arrest of a attempted bombing suspect at three locations in eastern Bangkok with a total of six explosives. The suspect is Jirawat Chanpeng, 45, a native of northeastern province of Sakon Nakhon, local media reported. He denied all allegations, refused to give interview with media and insisted to testify in court. All the bombs were retreated early this morning. The suspect possibly faces up to two years imprisonment for possessing illegal explosive materials, according to the Kom Chad Luk online. At the first spot a home-made bomb was laid by the wall of a bank branch on Sukhumvit road in Suan Luang district, meant to be triggered by remote control. At the second spot, two other bombs was laid opposite Suvarnabhumi market in Lat Krabang district, according to the Thairath Online. At the third spot, three bombs were located on a motorway. It was set to detonate at 12:55 p.m. local time. The authority said they arrested the suspect at the third spot on 3 a.m. of Friday local time. Chalerm said all home-made bombs found today were similar to the homemade bomb found on Dec. 6 near the Government Lottery Office (GLO) on Rajdamnoen Avenue. The bomb squad inspected the device and found that its circuits were incomplete and that it could not function, but it was believed to be placed there to cause a disturbance and unsettle the public. Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm said that police did not believe that the suspect acted alone and he must have expertise in making bombs. The deputy premier said the bombs have strong potential to kill and the police would further investigate possible linkages to the bomb placed near the Government Lottery Office earlier this month. Meanwhile, opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva said on Friday that he called for the government to bring truth about the incidents to the public. During New Year festival in January 2007, five months after the September 2006 coup, three bombs exploded in the capital and the northern tourist province of Chiang Mai, killing three and injuring almost 40 people. Bomb detectors have been installed at the entrance of several shopping malls in Bangkok since then.  

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

bomb suspect denies involvement in attempted attacks in bangkok bomb suspect denies involvement in attempted attacks in bangkok

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

bomb suspect denies involvement in attempted attacks in bangkok bomb suspect denies involvement in attempted attacks in bangkok

 



GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 11:03 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

No end to eyesores at Taj Mahal

GMT 07:40 2018 Monday ,15 January

C&A fashion chain eyes sale to Chinese investors

GMT 10:30 2017 Thursday ,02 November

Britain’s Aston Martin is performing

GMT 11:30 2017 Saturday ,02 September

Chinese Vice-Premier leaves the Country

GMT 00:48 2011 Thursday ,06 October

Modern fairy tale unfolds in London

GMT 09:30 2017 Thursday ,21 September

21 ISIS militant were killed in suicide attack in Hama

GMT 23:45 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Europe in the pink of health, feels Bjorn

GMT 13:16 2018 Friday ,19 January

Rafael Nadal into fourth round of Australian Open

GMT 18:10 2016 Monday ,31 October

PTI supporters planned to occupy secretariat

GMT 07:08 2017 Thursday ,21 December

Blinded in one eye, Syrian baby becomes symbol of siege

GMT 12:01 2017 Sunday ,17 December

S.Africa's troubled ANC meets to elect new leader

GMT 19:26 2013 Friday ,29 November

Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC

GMT 12:51 2017 Monday ,08 May

1 in 8 road deaths is a child in Oman

GMT 01:23 2017 Sunday ,28 May

RAK's tourism sector on a roll

GMT 17:20 2011 Thursday ,11 August

Moroccans flying EA increase
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice