clark denies extending border trial
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Clark denies extending border trial

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Clark denies extending border trial

London - Kuna

The former head of the UK Border Force Tuesday said he did not extend or alter Theresa May\'s border checks trial in any way.Brodie Clark, who resigned last week accusing the Home Secretary of making his position untenable, told MPs he gave Mrs May a weekly update on the trial\'s progress. He said: \"I am no rogue officer. Nothing could be further from the truth.\" Clark said: \"Let me say at the outset that I introduced no additions to the Home Secretary\'s trial, neither did I extend it or alter it in any way whatsoever. \"Over the first month of the trial I reported weekly to the Home Secretary, as she required, and with each briefing I offered a follow-up meeting. \"Aside from teething issues, the trial delivered into the border business exactly as she wished. \"I did not enlarge, extend or redefine the scope in any way. \"I have not wilfully or knowingly sanctioned an alteration to border checks that contravened existing Home Office policy.\" Clark went on: \"I have, as I always have over 40 years, delivered within the Government parameters and I have done so with an absolute determination to strengthen the UK border. \"We have built a strong agenda of getting the best from our staff; exploiting the most from our technology and focusing strongest on the real harm and threat to the UK. \"We have come a long way in three years and it is by no accident that we now rank as one of the most secure border operations in the world.\" Clark, 60, quit after he was suspended by his boss, UKBA chief executive Rob Whiteman. Asked if he admitted allowing border staff to relax checks beyond the extent authorised by Mrs May, he said he did not and added that he still believed he had not done so. \"I, at no stage, told Whiteman that I had gone beyond the terms of the pilot the Home Secretary initiated,\" he said. Clark said he never relaxed fingerprint checks \"as a matter of course\" but arrangements were in place to suspend fingerprint matching for non-visa holders in certain circumstances for health and safety reasons. This happened 50 times in May, June and July and seven times in August, September and October, he said. It would be implemented when there were lengthy queues, passengers being held on planes or planes not being able to land. \"I would expect ministers to know that,\" he said. The hearing continues.

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

clark denies extending border trial clark denies extending border trial

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

clark denies extending border trial clark denies extending border trial

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 06:15 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Volkswagen clinches record sales

GMT 09:54 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

'Friendly and kind' N. Korean skaters

GMT 10:18 2018 Thursday ,30 August

Iran incapable of closing Hormuz, Bab Al Mandeb

GMT 11:38 2017 Tuesday ,14 November

Barrett gets shot at World Rugby award double

GMT 22:28 2011 Thursday ,10 February

The intermingling of the domestic and the foreign

GMT 06:38 2017 Monday ,21 August

First eclipse in 99 years to sweep North America

GMT 06:59 2017 Saturday ,13 May

King's support at Windsor

GMT 08:12 2017 Sunday ,19 November

EU-Mercosur free-trade pact supporters push for deal

GMT 08:23 2012 Saturday ,18 February

Pop star Katy Perry will donate

GMT 05:11 2013 Sunday ,29 December

Lea Michele to release solo album

GMT 07:02 2011 Sunday ,07 August

Canadian dollar falls on slowing global economy

GMT 06:42 2011 Sunday ,03 July

China\'s service activity cools in June

GMT 10:38 2011 Tuesday ,13 December

Kingdom\'s GDP to grow 5.1% in 2011
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice