eight bodies pulled from collapsed building in italy
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Eight bodies pulled from collapsed building in Italy

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Eight bodies pulled from collapsed building in Italy

Red Cross staff carry a wounded man on a stretcher after two floors collapsed
Abu Dhabi - Emirates Voice

Rescuers said Saturday that they had recovered the bodies of eight people missing after an apartment block collapsed near the Italian city of Naples.

Firefighters and volunteers have been sifting through the rubble since early Friday after two floors of the four-storey block in the town of Torre Annunziata collapsed at around 6:30 am (0430 GMT).

The last body was found early Saturday after teams searched through the night, often using their bare hands.

Local media reports said the victims included the municipal architect in charge of security checks for public and private buildings in the area of some 40,000 inhabitants at the foot of Mount Vesuvius.

His wife and 27-year-old son were also killed in the collapse, which occurred in the part of the building where bedrooms were located.

A couple with two children, aged 8 and 14, were also killed, along with a 65-year-old woman who lived alone.

Witnesses said a freight train passed on the neighbouring railway track just before the building collapsed, while others noted that renovation works had been under way on the lower floors.

The prosecutors' office in Torre Annunziata has opened an inquiry over suspected negligence, but no cause for the collapse has yet been determined.

Source: Khaleej Times

 

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

eight bodies pulled from collapsed building in italy eight bodies pulled from collapsed building in italy

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

eight bodies pulled from collapsed building in italy eight bodies pulled from collapsed building in italy

 



GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 11:03 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

No end to eyesores at Taj Mahal

GMT 07:40 2018 Monday ,15 January

C&A fashion chain eyes sale to Chinese investors

GMT 10:30 2017 Thursday ,02 November

Britain’s Aston Martin is performing

GMT 11:30 2017 Saturday ,02 September

Chinese Vice-Premier leaves the Country

GMT 00:48 2011 Thursday ,06 October

Modern fairy tale unfolds in London

GMT 09:30 2017 Thursday ,21 September

21 ISIS militant were killed in suicide attack in Hama

GMT 23:45 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Europe in the pink of health, feels Bjorn

GMT 13:16 2018 Friday ,19 January

Rafael Nadal into fourth round of Australian Open

GMT 18:10 2016 Monday ,31 October

PTI supporters planned to occupy secretariat

GMT 07:08 2017 Thursday ,21 December

Blinded in one eye, Syrian baby becomes symbol of siege

GMT 12:01 2017 Sunday ,17 December

S.Africa's troubled ANC meets to elect new leader

GMT 19:26 2013 Friday ,29 November

Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC

GMT 12:51 2017 Monday ,08 May

1 in 8 road deaths is a child in Oman

GMT 01:23 2017 Sunday ,28 May

RAK's tourism sector on a roll

GMT 17:20 2011 Thursday ,11 August

Moroccans flying EA increase

GMT 09:23 2016 Tuesday ,02 August

Zika travel warning issued for Miami neighborhood

GMT 13:56 2016 Friday ,12 February

Korean peninsula looks more divided than ever

GMT 17:29 2015 Friday ,06 February

Rare Ferrari found on French farm fetches €14m

GMT 20:38 2017 Wednesday ,15 March

Czech zoo to saw off rhino horns after French killing

GMT 11:26 2013 Tuesday ,07 May

First ever Dutch Mini to be restored

GMT 10:39 2012 Thursday ,24 May

Less than 100 pygmy sloths survive
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice