liege attack death toll rises to five
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Liege attack: Death toll rises to five

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Liege attack: Death toll rises to five

Brussels - Arabstoday

The death toll from a gun and grenade attack in the Belgian city of Liege on Tuesday has risen to five.A 75-year-old woman injured in the incident died in hospital on Thursday, officials said.Twenty out of about 125 people wounded are also still in hospital being treated, four in intensive care.A former convict Nordine Amrani launched his attack in a busy marketplace in the Place Saint-Lambert, killing passers-by and himself.Police later found the body of a woman, who had been shot in the head, in a shed belonging to Amrani.The body was that of a cleaner, reported to be 45 years old, who worked for one of Amrani\'s neighbours. Two weapons and a stockpile of ammunition were also discovered in the shed, public prosecutor Daniele Reynders told a news conference.No message has been found from the attacker, she said.Officials say the shed was used by Amrani to grow cannabis. A small crowd gathered at the Place Saint-Lambert in Liege for a minute\'s silence at midday (1100GMT) on Wednesday, 24 hours after the shooting. Some people laid flowers.Students at the Saint Barthelemy high school - attended by two of the victims - also joined hands and observed the silence.One of the boys has been identified as 17-year old Pierre Gerouville.\"It\'s difficult to accept that it happened in Liege and you realise no-one is safe in this case - it could have been him, it could have been someone else,\" said one student, Sophie Bodart.\"It\'s traumatising to know - you see him in school but he will never be back,\" said another pupil, Robin Hames.\"He didn\'t do anything. It was an exam day and he never came home.\"The authorities are still trying to determine what motivated Amrani, a Belgian citizen, to go on his killing spree.Officials have ruled out organised political terrorism but have yet to determine why he opened fire.The BBC\'s Matthew Price, in Belgium, says they will now need to examine whether there was anything to indicate in advance that Amrani might have posed a danger to the public.Police have said he was known to them for previous drugs and firearms offences and acted alone in the attack.Amrani, a resident of Liege, had spent three years in jail for firearms and drugs offences, Ms Reynders said.He was released on parole in October 2010.There were no medical reports suggesting any mental health problems, she said.Amrani had been asked to attend a police station on Tuesday for an interview in connection with charges against him.Instead, he took an assault rifle, revolver and hand grenades into the busy town centre square, close to the courthouse.At about midday, he threw three grenades at people waiting for buses then opened fire, sending hundreds of people fleeing in panic.A 15-year-old boy died instantly, while the other victims died later in hospital.Ms Reynders said Amrani had committed suicide at the scene by shooting himself in the head.

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

liege attack death toll rises to five liege attack death toll rises to five

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

liege attack death toll rises to five liege attack death toll rises to five

 



GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 11:03 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

No end to eyesores at Taj Mahal

GMT 07:40 2018 Monday ,15 January

C&A fashion chain eyes sale to Chinese investors

GMT 10:30 2017 Thursday ,02 November

Britain’s Aston Martin is performing

GMT 11:30 2017 Saturday ,02 September

Chinese Vice-Premier leaves the Country

GMT 00:48 2011 Thursday ,06 October

Modern fairy tale unfolds in London

GMT 09:30 2017 Thursday ,21 September

21 ISIS militant were killed in suicide attack in Hama

GMT 23:45 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Europe in the pink of health, feels Bjorn

GMT 13:16 2018 Friday ,19 January

Rafael Nadal into fourth round of Australian Open

GMT 18:10 2016 Monday ,31 October

PTI supporters planned to occupy secretariat

GMT 07:08 2017 Thursday ,21 December

Blinded in one eye, Syrian baby becomes symbol of siege

GMT 12:01 2017 Sunday ,17 December

S.Africa's troubled ANC meets to elect new leader

GMT 19:26 2013 Friday ,29 November

Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC

GMT 12:51 2017 Monday ,08 May

1 in 8 road deaths is a child in Oman

GMT 01:23 2017 Sunday ,28 May

RAK's tourism sector on a roll

GMT 17:20 2011 Thursday ,11 August

Moroccans flying EA increase
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice