Psychiatrists in Norway are due to submit their assessment of whether Anders Behring Breivik was sane at the time he killed 77 people last July. Their 230-page report - said to be based on 13 conversations with Breivik - will be delivered to a court in Oslo. It will determine whether Breivik can claim an insanity defence when he stands trial on 16 April. He has admitted the attacks in Oslo and on the island of Utoeya, but has pleaded not guilty to terror charges. At earlier hearings, the 32-year-old sought to justify the carnage by saying it was \"necessary\" to save Norway and Europe from Muslims and multiculturalism. The 22 July attacks - which also injured 151 people - traumatised the nation. Breivik has admitted that, disguised as a police officer, he planted a car bomb that exploded close to government offices in the capital Oslo, killing eight people. He then drove to the island of Utoeya, where a summer youth camp of Norway\'s ruling Labour Party was being held. In a shooting spree that lasted more than an hour, he killed 69 people - mostly teenagers. Breivik made his first public appearance in court earlier this month, in front of his victims\' families, survivors of the attacks and reporters. He told the court he was \"a military commander in the Norwegian resistance movement\", before the judge interrupted him. The prosecutor\'s office is expected to reveal the conclusions of the psychiatric report at a news conference later.
GMT 19:37 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Video: Bodies of children killed in Fujairah fire laid to restGMT 17:17 2018 Monday ,22 January
2 dead, 5 injured in accident on Emirates Road in DubaiGMT 08:45 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Eleven killed Turkey ski holiday bus crashGMT 00:52 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Youth burns to death as car rams into lamppost in RAKGMT 00:45 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Youth burns to death as car rams into lamppost in RAKGMT 00:44 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Youth burns to death as car rams into lamppost in RAKGMT 18:47 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Israeli forces kill suspect in rabbi's murderGMT 23:00 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Several dead in operation to arrest Venezuela pilot

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor