Park Chu-young\'s public apology over his delayed military service seemed to have won over the country\'s soccer authorities after the Arsenal striker was named in the South Korean squad for the London Olympics. The 26-year-old recently obtained a 10-year residence permit from Monaco and delayed his mandatory military service which triggered a public backlash. The Korean Football Association left him out of the recent 2014 World Cup qualifiers. Park, however, said sorry on his return to the country earlier this month and promised to do military service even though he did not elaborate on the time frame. Head coach Hong Myung-bo said the striker\'s international exposure will be critical for the team in London. \"Physically, he\'s much better than I\'d expected him to be,\" Hong was quoted as saying by the Yonhap news agency. \"He brings a lot of international experience and he will play a significant role on this team. \"As a head coach, I\'d like for him to do a lot of things, but he\'s just one of the 18 players we have. \"I am actually worried that he might be trying to do too much for the team. I don\'t want that to affect his performance.\" The former South Korea captain, who played in the 2006 and 2010 World Cups, enjoyed three seasons with AS Monaco in France before joining English Premier League side Arsenal in August. Park, who has been a prolific scorer in national colours, endured a disappointing first season in the Premier League, scoring one goal in six appearances for Arsenal.
GMT 22:55 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Manchester United retain world's richest club statusGMT 05:19 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Man City midfielder Fernandinho signs contract extension to 2020GMT 13:46 2018 Friday ,19 January
Borussia Dortmund deny contact with Arsenal for Pierre-Emerick AubameyangGMT 13:38 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Chelsea edge into FA Cup fourth round, Bournemouth rockedGMT 10:38 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Arsenal 'target' Malcom faces rap over videoGMT 07:49 2018 Tuesday ,16 January
Football: Giggs set to be named as Wales bossGMT 07:08 2018 Monday ,15 January
Sevilla let Real off hook with Alaves defeatGMT 07:02 2018 Saturday ,13 January
Everton in talks to sign Arsenal's Walcott

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor