Football legend David Beckham dismissed talk of retirement Tuesday saying he has some \"exciting options on the table\" as he gets set to wrap up his six-year California adventure. \"People talk about my retirement but I still feel I have something left in the game to give,\" Beckham said. \"I have a lot to give on the field.\" The 37-year-old former England captain said he doesn\'t know what his future plans are except that he hopes to go out with a bang when the Los Angeles Galaxy host Houston in the Major League Soccer Cup final early next month. He said he won\'t be playing in the MLS next season but his family likes living in southern California and they plan to remain in the area in at least a limited capacity. \"I haven\'t decided where we might go next,\" Beckham said. \"We might stay here and we might spend more time in Europe. My playing career with the Galaxy ends next Saturday. \"I have some exciting options on the table.\" The veteran of three World Cups said he wants one last challenge before hanging up his football boots for good. Beckham said he knew several weeks ago that he was going to play his last game with the Galaxy this year but wanted to wait for the right moment to announce it. \"I made the decision a few weeks back,\" he said. \"I thought about announcing it then but it was not the right time because we were still in the playoffs.\" Beckham has spent the past six seasons with the Galaxy, leading Los Angeles to an MLS Cup title last season when they defeated the Houston Dynamo 1-0. Beckham and the Galaxy go for their second consecutive crown when they face the Dynamo in a repeat of last year\'s final on December 1 at the Home Depot Center.
GMT 22:55 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Manchester United retain world's richest club statusGMT 05:19 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Man City midfielder Fernandinho signs contract extension to 2020GMT 13:46 2018 Friday ,19 January
Borussia Dortmund deny contact with Arsenal for Pierre-Emerick AubameyangGMT 13:38 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Chelsea edge into FA Cup fourth round, Bournemouth rockedGMT 10:38 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Arsenal 'target' Malcom faces rap over videoGMT 07:49 2018 Tuesday ,16 January
Football: Giggs set to be named as Wales bossGMT 07:08 2018 Monday ,15 January
Sevilla let Real off hook with Alaves defeatGMT 07:02 2018 Saturday ,13 January
Everton in talks to sign Arsenal's Walcott

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor