Chelsea interim manager Rafael Benitez said on Tuesday he hadn\'t given up hope of overhauling Manchester United\'s 11 point lead in the English Premier League and winning the title. The 52-year-old Spaniard - who has struggled to win over the fans since he replaced Champions League winning manager Roberto di Matteo on November 21 - have won five of their last six games in all competitions and scored 13 goals in their last two. Benitez, whose side play Norwich away on Wednesday coming in on the back of an astonishing 8-0 humbling of Aston Villa on Sunday, said he would not accept defeat in the title race for a while yet. \"We will see after two or three more games,\" said Benitez, who had been out of management for almost two years when Chelsea came calling. \"You could see the team had confidence in themselves, they believed, and that was there to the end. \"They had good movements, created chances. Now we have to sustain this run and it will be easier for me to say we can compete.\"
GMT 22:55 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Manchester United retain world's richest club statusGMT 05:19 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Man City midfielder Fernandinho signs contract extension to 2020GMT 13:46 2018 Friday ,19 January
Borussia Dortmund deny contact with Arsenal for Pierre-Emerick AubameyangGMT 13:38 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Chelsea edge into FA Cup fourth round, Bournemouth rockedGMT 10:38 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Arsenal 'target' Malcom faces rap over videoGMT 07:49 2018 Tuesday ,16 January
Football: Giggs set to be named as Wales bossGMT 07:08 2018 Monday ,15 January
Sevilla let Real off hook with Alaves defeatGMT 07:02 2018 Saturday ,13 January
Everton in talks to sign Arsenal's Walcott

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor