Bafetimbi Gomis has urged Lyon not to get carried away after last night\'s 4-1 win over Marseille took them top of Ligue 1. The 27-year-old forward hit a hat-trick as Les Gones stunned the Stade Velodrome to move two points ahead of both their opponents and previous leaders Paris Saint-Germain But with only two wins separating the top eight in a congested leading pack, Gomis told L\'Equipe: \"It\'s good, but it\'s a bit incidental.\" The France international was thrilled with his personal achievement on the night, but even then was quick to rein in his excitement. \"It\'s great, it\'s my first hat-trick in Ligue 1,\" he said. \"That will always be engraved on my career. \"It\'s good, I will savour it, but we saw what happened three days ago in Toulouse (a 3-0 defeat) and we have to have humility and perform in the next game against Montpellier, who are never easy to play against.\" We have to have humility and perform in the next game against Montpellier, who are never easy to play against. Bafetimbi Gomis Steed Malbranque was Lyon\'s other scorer on the night, with Loic Remy pulling a goal back for OM, who then had Rod Fanni sent off. Gomis, whose opening goal came from the penalty spot, said: \"I think that goal forced them to change their plan. Having been through that last week, I know it is never easy. \"We also executed our game plan perfectly. We came here looking for a result and we succeeded. We are very satisfied.\" Marseille backing Gomis nonetheless offered encouragement to Marseille in their own title bid: \"OM are trying to make the best of their resources. \"They are working on their stadium, there were not many fans there, but despite everything they have shown some good things since the start of the season, so you cannot be too harsh on them.\" From : FIFA
GMT 22:55 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Manchester United retain world's richest club statusGMT 05:19 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Man City midfielder Fernandinho signs contract extension to 2020GMT 13:46 2018 Friday ,19 January
Borussia Dortmund deny contact with Arsenal for Pierre-Emerick AubameyangGMT 13:38 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Chelsea edge into FA Cup fourth round, Bournemouth rockedGMT 10:38 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Arsenal 'target' Malcom faces rap over videoGMT 07:49 2018 Tuesday ,16 January
Football: Giggs set to be named as Wales bossGMT 07:08 2018 Monday ,15 January
Sevilla let Real off hook with Alaves defeatGMT 07:02 2018 Saturday ,13 January
Everton in talks to sign Arsenal's Walcott

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor