Napoli head coach Walter Mazzarri is ready to take one game at a time after they closed the gap on Serie A leaders Juventus to just two points last night. A 1-0 victory at Cagliari, courtesy of Marek Hamsik\'s second-half strike, saw Napoli hold onto second place thanks to Inter Milan\'s subsequent defeat at Parma. Mazzarri told Gazzetta.it: \"We really deserved this victory and Napoli are going through a fine period. It was a difficult game. We played well in the first half and just lacked something in the final third. The Scudetto? We\'ll take each day as it comes. Today we saw just how difficult this league is and we will only know where we stand at the very end. \"Considering how strong Cagliari are, this has been one of the most impressive results for us. It was a great game with the ball kept on the deck throughout. (Eduardo) Vargas came on and played really well. He deserved a goal and just needed a bit more luck.\" Match-winning midfielder Hamsik added: \"It was a very difficult game and Cagliari have been very strong at home. It was a hard-earned victory and that gives us the strength to continue. We missed (Edinson) Cavani. We played without a true centre-forward because Lorenzo Insigne is an inside forward really. \"But we did what the coach asked of us and put our hearts into the game, so thank goodness we brought the victory home. It was a very difficult game so getting the win is that little extra bit special. We are really happy as Cagliari is a tough place to come. They are three very precious points.\" Cagliari boss Ivo Pulga found the defeat difficult to digest. \"If any team should have won that game then it should have been Cagliari,\" he told Gazzetta.it. \"We lost based on one incident, when we had been constantly attacking and embarrassing Napoli. \"We had five or six meaty chances to score, hitting the post twice. They had to defend for long stretches with tight man marking. What else can I say? I have to congratulate the players but I\'m sorry for the fans. All I can say is well done to everybody.\" From : Fifa
GMT 22:55 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Manchester United retain world's richest club statusGMT 05:19 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Man City midfielder Fernandinho signs contract extension to 2020GMT 13:46 2018 Friday ,19 January
Borussia Dortmund deny contact with Arsenal for Pierre-Emerick AubameyangGMT 13:38 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Chelsea edge into FA Cup fourth round, Bournemouth rockedGMT 10:38 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Arsenal 'target' Malcom faces rap over videoGMT 07:49 2018 Tuesday ,16 January
Football: Giggs set to be named as Wales bossGMT 07:08 2018 Monday ,15 January
Sevilla let Real off hook with Alaves defeatGMT 07:02 2018 Saturday ,13 January
Everton in talks to sign Arsenal's Walcott

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor