Schalke have confirmed striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar has signed a two-year contract extension to keep him at the club until 2015. The 29-year-old, who was out of contract in the summer, had been linked with a January move to the Premier League. \"I have thought long and hard over this decision and I am very grateful that the bosses at Schalke gave me this time,\" the Holland striker said on the club\'s official website. Huntelaar added: \"Now I have made the decision which gave me the best feeling. I have always felt comfortable at Schalke, with the club and the fans. Now I want to send out a positive sign, because I believe in this team and that we can still achieve a lot in the second half of the Bundesliga season. \"And we are of course not without chance against Galatasaray in the last 16 of the Champions League.\" Keeping hold of the prolific frontman is a major boost for new Royal Blues coach Jens Keller just seven days into this reign. Keller was promoted last weekend from coaching the under-17 side to succeed the sacked Huub Stevens until at least the end of the season. Schalke went into the winter break in a sorry state, having slipped to seventh place in the table following a run of two points from six games. The club\'s sporting director Horst Heldt said: \"I am pleased that Klaas Jan has now sent a clear sign to the whole club for the second half of the season.\" The striker joined Schalke from AC Milan in 2010 having previously played for Real Madrid, Ajax and Heerenveen. From : Fifa
GMT 22:55 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Manchester United retain world's richest club statusGMT 05:19 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Man City midfielder Fernandinho signs contract extension to 2020GMT 13:46 2018 Friday ,19 January
Borussia Dortmund deny contact with Arsenal for Pierre-Emerick AubameyangGMT 13:38 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Chelsea edge into FA Cup fourth round, Bournemouth rockedGMT 10:38 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Arsenal 'target' Malcom faces rap over videoGMT 07:49 2018 Tuesday ,16 January
Football: Giggs set to be named as Wales bossGMT 07:08 2018 Monday ,15 January
Sevilla let Real off hook with Alaves defeatGMT 07:02 2018 Saturday ,13 January
Everton in talks to sign Arsenal's Walcott

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor