Harry Redknapp has rekindled his interest in signing David Beckham, as he bids to guide new club Queens Park Rangers off the foot of the Premier League table and toward safety. Redknapp was appointed as QPR manager on Saturday morning, a day after the sacking of Mark Hughes, and later watched from the stands at Old Trafford as his new side lost 3-1 to Manchester United. QPR’s shortage of funds means Redknapp may not be able to sign new players in the January transfer window, but he has suggested he could make a move for Beckham. The former England captain will leave the Los Angeles Galaxy after their MLS Cup final clash with Houston Dynamo next Saturday. He spent time training under Redknapp at Tottenham Hotspur in January last year, after a proposed loan move from the Galaxy fell through. “I’m sure he could still play in the Premier League,” Redknapp told BBC Radio Five Live on Sunday. “He is a top player and a fantastic person. We had him at Tottenham training and he was amazing around the place, absolute class. “I haven’t discussed it with the chairman (Tony Fernandes) at the moment so we’d have to look at that but David could still certainly be a great asset to anybody, showing people how to train, how to look after yourself. “His professionalism is second to none.” QPR’s Malaysian owner Fernandes backed Hughes strongly in last summer’s transfer window, with Julio Cesar, Jose Bosingwa, Park Ji-sung and Esteban Granero heading a raft of high-profile new arrivals. As a result, Redknapp says he does not expect to be able to sign many new players in January and may look to take players on loan instead. “They brought a lot of players in in the summer so I don’t see an awful lot more coming in in the window,” he said. “You can’t just keep loading up the squad with more players. If things don’t go right, you’re going to end up being in big trouble financially. “We are really maybe looking at one or two loans in the window. There’s a decent enough squad here but for whatever reason, something’s wrong.
GMT 22:55 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Manchester United retain world's richest club statusGMT 05:19 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Man City midfielder Fernandinho signs contract extension to 2020GMT 13:46 2018 Friday ,19 January
Borussia Dortmund deny contact with Arsenal for Pierre-Emerick AubameyangGMT 13:38 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Chelsea edge into FA Cup fourth round, Bournemouth rockedGMT 10:38 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Arsenal 'target' Malcom faces rap over videoGMT 07:49 2018 Tuesday ,16 January
Football: Giggs set to be named as Wales bossGMT 07:08 2018 Monday ,15 January
Sevilla let Real off hook with Alaves defeatGMT 07:02 2018 Saturday ,13 January
Everton in talks to sign Arsenal's Walcott

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor