QPR playmaker Adel Taarabt has confirmed he wants to play for Morocco at the CAF Africa Cup of Nations next month. Hoops manager Harry Redknapp last week revealed he had asked Taarabt to miss the tournament to stay and help struggling QPR in their battle to avoid relegation from the Premier League. But Taarabt, 23, is hoping he earns a recall by his country for the continental finals, which take place in South Africa from 19 January to 2 February. He has been out of favour with Morocco recently but is playing to impress national team coach Rachid Taoussi, who took charge in the summer. \"I will do everything I can to prove to him that I deserve to be there,\" Taarabt told the African football blog on lequipe.fr. Discussing Redknapp\'s request for him to stay in London, Taarabt said: \"He came to see me to ask me not to go but I told him, \'If they call me, I can\'t refuse, boss. I love my country, I love the Moroccan people and football means a lot to them\'. \"I warned him that the only solution was that the coach doesn\'t call me up.\" Taarabt added: \"The coach isn\'t obliged to take me. I hope to be at the African Nations Cup but even if I\'m not there, and that would be painful, I will be the biggest Morocco supporter.\" Taarabt scored twice as QPR beat Fulham at the weekend to register their first Premier League win of the season. Praise for Redknapp He has excelled under Redknapp since the former Tottenham manager replaced Mark Hughes at Loftus Road, and is delighted to be reunited with the boss he played under briefly at White Hart Lane. Former Spurs man Taarabt said: \"He is a peerless motivator. You believe you are the best player in the world when he talks to you. \"Before matches he is very strong. When you go on the pitch you fear nothing. At the end of the match against Fulham, he came to me to say, \'I told you that you were as good as Berbatov\'.\" Taarabt has been linked with a host of major clubs but stressed he is in no hurry to leave QPR. He said: \"I see all the clubs linked with my name but I\'ve just signed for four years at QPR. The chairman has said that he wouldn\'t see me. I don\'t know what would happen if someone offered 20 million. But I love the club and the fans. And they love me too.\" From FIFA
GMT 22:55 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Manchester United retain world's richest club statusGMT 05:19 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Man City midfielder Fernandinho signs contract extension to 2020GMT 13:46 2018 Friday ,19 January
Borussia Dortmund deny contact with Arsenal for Pierre-Emerick AubameyangGMT 13:38 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Chelsea edge into FA Cup fourth round, Bournemouth rockedGMT 10:38 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Arsenal 'target' Malcom faces rap over videoGMT 07:49 2018 Tuesday ,16 January
Football: Giggs set to be named as Wales bossGMT 07:08 2018 Monday ,15 January
Sevilla let Real off hook with Alaves defeatGMT 07:02 2018 Saturday ,13 January
Everton in talks to sign Arsenal's Walcott

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor