high court delays bangladesh tour of pakistan
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

High Court delays Bangladesh tour of Pakistan

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice High Court delays Bangladesh tour of Pakistan

Dhaka - Arabstoday

Bangladesh\'s cricket team will not go to Pakistan as planned later this month after the Dhaka High Court upheld a legal challenge to their tour and ordered a four-week delay, a lawyer said on Thursday. Bangladesh had agreed to play a one-day international and a Twenty20 match on April 29 and 30 in what would have been the first full internationals in Pakistan since March 2009 when Sri Lankan cricketers and officials were attacked by gunmen in Lahore. \"The court by an order has restrained the Bangladesh government and the Bangladesh Cricket Board from going ahead with the national cricket team\'s tour to Pakistan for four weeks,\" said lawyer Hasan Azim, representing the two people who challenged the tour citing security concerns. University lecturer Didarus Salam and a senior Supreme Court lawyer Kamal Hossain had jointly filed a petition in the Dhaka High Court earlier on Thursday, seeking an adjournment of the tour and asking why it should not be declared illegal. Foreign teams have shunned Pakistan since the 2009 attack, which killed six Pakistani policemen. Several Sri Lankan players were wounded in the incident, which also led to matches at the 2011 World Cup being taken away from Pakistan. Since then, Pakistan have had to play their \"home\" matches at neutral venues. Pakistan officials said they were surprised and disappointed by Thursday\'s court ruling. \"We are surprised that a purely cricketing matter has been dragged into the courts,\" PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf said. \"We are deeply disappointed and sad that Bangladesh is not coming after confirming the tour last week. \"It is a big setback for Pakistan cricket and Pakistani cricket fans who were ready to welcome the Bangladesh team.\" Ashraf said the PCB had made a comprehensive security plan for the tour and sent it to the International Cricket Council (ICC) for approval. \"Everything was being put into place as far as security is concerned,\" he said. The PCB\'s chief operating officer, Subhan Ahmed, told Reuters that if the four-week delay was enforced then Pakistan would not be able to host Bangladesh due to other commitments. The Federation of International Cricketers\' Associations (FICA) called for an independent report on the security situation in Pakistan. \"What\'s required is not a stumbling, non-transparent and conflicted approach to this issue, but a proper, fully transparent, independent report on the safety of playing in the country,\" Tim May, chief executive of the body which represents international cricketers, said in a statement. \"Only then will players feel comfortable contemplating whether it is time to play international cricket again in Pakistan.\"

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

high court delays bangladesh tour of pakistan high court delays bangladesh tour of pakistan

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

high court delays bangladesh tour of pakistan high court delays bangladesh tour of pakistan

 



GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 10:22 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

Kabul hotel guests describe lax security

GMT 15:25 2017 Monday ,18 December

Uber struggles to make inroads in Japan

GMT 16:21 2016 Friday ,26 August

Haifa Beseisso: A global citizen on a mission

GMT 15:36 2017 Thursday ,22 June

'Do good at Sunset' charity drive in Jumeirah

GMT 13:04 2017 Tuesday ,14 February

How sleep deprivation affect your work

GMT 22:36 2016 Wednesday ,06 January

Chipotle norovirus outbreak under US criminal probe

GMT 10:08 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

Microsoft to open 4 data centres

GMT 19:15 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Emirati fined Dh2.2m for embezzling public funds

GMT 04:36 2018 Monday ,22 January

centre-left backs formal coalition talks

GMT 03:41 2016 Thursday ,30 June

UK banks 'well placed' to manage Brexit fallout

GMT 07:36 2017 Friday ,27 October

Federal National Council playing a sterling role
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice