
The Mudgal committee investigating spot-fixing allegations in the Indian Premier League cricket tournament submitted its final report to the Supreme Court on Monday, lawyers said.
The apex court will deliberate on the findings on November 10 which could determine if world cricket chief Narayanaswami Srinivasan can seek re-election as president of the Indian board.
"We have submitted the report in a sealed envelope to the court," Raju Ramachandran, lawyer for the panel, told AFP, without elaborating.
The panel, which is headed by former judge Mukul Mudgal and includes ex-India captain Sourav Ganguly, had in February presented a sealed envelope to the court containing names of 13 individuals who needed to be probed further.
The court revealed that Srinivasan was one of the names on the list and ordered the panel to investigate him and the 12 other unidentified persons.
The panel's preliminary report had concluded that Srinivasan's son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan -- who was the team principal of the Chennai Super Kings franchise -- could be guilty of illegal betting on IPL games.
The Super Kings are owned by India Cements, whose managing director is Srinivasan. The team is captained by India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
The court barred Srinivasan from carrying out his duties as president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) until it had delivered its final verdict, but did not stop him from heading the International Cricket Council.
The sixth IPL season last year was mired in controversy after police launched legal proceedings against several IPL officials and cricketers, including former Test fast bowler Shanthakumaran Sreesanth, for illegal betting and spot-fixing.
The IPL, which began in 2008, features the world's top players signed up for huge fees by companies and high-profile individuals in a glitzy mix of sport and entertainment.
International news organisations including Agence France-Presse (AFP) have suspended their on-field coverage of matches hosted by the BCCI since 2012 after the board imposed restrictions on picture agencies.
Source: AFP
GMT 21:55 2018 Monday ,22 January
Cristiano Ronaldo requires stitches after nasty head injuryGMT 19:47 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Fleetwood retains Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship titleGMT 09:48 2018 Sunday ,21 January
North Korea will send 22 athletes to Olympics in SouthGMT 23:44 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Impressive England beat Australia in second ODIGMT 23:25 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Borussia Dortmund deny contact with Arsenal for Pierre-Emerick AubameyangGMT 05:12 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Impressive England beat Australia in second ODIGMT 07:47 2018 Friday ,19 January
N. Korea prepares grand military parade on eve of OlympicsGMT 19:06 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Neymar scores four as Cavani matches Zlatan record

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor