Czech racing driver Tomas Enge has failed a dope test a decade after a similar result scuppered his hopes of competing in Formula One. The 35-year-old, who drives a Lamborghini in the FIA GT1 sportscar world championship, said on his Facebook page that he was \"in shock\" after the positive test at a race in Spain last month. He explained that he had long-term health problems and recently asked the governing International Automobile Federation (FIA) for an exemption to allow him to take certain medicines. \"Now I consult with experts as to how this situation could occur,\" he said. There was no immediate comment from the Paris-based FIA. Enge was stripped of the F3000 title, at the time the feeder series for Formula One, in 2002 after testing positive for cannabis. The former McLaren and Jordan test driver had already become the first Czech to race in Formula One after starting three grands prix with the now-defunct Prost team in 2001 as a stand-in for injured Brazilian Luciano Burti. No Formula One driver has ever failed a dope test.
GMT 21:55 2018 Monday ,22 January
Cristiano Ronaldo requires stitches after nasty head injuryGMT 19:47 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Fleetwood retains Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship titleGMT 09:48 2018 Sunday ,21 January
North Korea will send 22 athletes to Olympics in SouthGMT 23:44 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Impressive England beat Australia in second ODIGMT 23:25 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Borussia Dortmund deny contact with Arsenal for Pierre-Emerick AubameyangGMT 05:12 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Impressive England beat Australia in second ODIGMT 07:47 2018 Friday ,19 January
N. Korea prepares grand military parade on eve of OlympicsGMT 19:06 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Neymar scores four as Cavani matches Zlatan record

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor