Boxing chiefs have admitted that Manny Pacquiao should not have lost his controversial bout against Timothy Bradley earlier this month. The Filipino favourite lost a split points decision against Bradley in Las Vegas which prompted disbelief from commentators and fans alike. The result also cost Pacquiao his world welterweight title, but yesterday the World Boxing Organization ruled that the result was incorrect. WBO officials met with five international judges to evaluate video of the match and unanimously scored the fight in favour of Pacquiao. However they do not have power to overturn the initial ruling - meaning the result will still stand and Bradley remains champion. Pacquiao said after the announcement that he felt the ruling would restore people\'s faith in boxing after the controversy surrounding the original decision. \"I hope with this ruling the public\'s faith in boxing would be restored,\" 33-year-old Pacquiao said by phone from his home in the southern Philippines. \"I was not surprised by the WBO ruling. I knew that I won, so did the whole world. But that is already over and I am now focusing on the next fight.\" He said he and his promoter Bob Arum would discuss his next move in a Los Angeles meeting set for next week, but remained coy on who would be his next opponent - although a rematch this winter against Bradley has been mooted. From TheNational
GMT 21:55 2018 Monday ,22 January
Cristiano Ronaldo requires stitches after nasty head injuryGMT 19:47 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Fleetwood retains Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship titleGMT 09:48 2018 Sunday ,21 January
North Korea will send 22 athletes to Olympics in SouthGMT 23:44 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Impressive England beat Australia in second ODIGMT 23:25 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Borussia Dortmund deny contact with Arsenal for Pierre-Emerick AubameyangGMT 05:12 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Impressive England beat Australia in second ODIGMT 07:47 2018 Friday ,19 January
N. Korea prepares grand military parade on eve of OlympicsGMT 19:06 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Neymar scores four as Cavani matches Zlatan record

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor