top australia players could boycott bangladesh series
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Top Australia players could boycott Bangladesh series

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Top Australia players could boycott Bangladesh series

Steve Smith during the press conference
Abu Dhabi - Emirates Voice

Australia's senior players have voted to boycott next month's tour of Bangladesh unless their long-running pay dispute with Cricket Australia (CA) is settled before they leave, reports said on Monday.

Captain Steve Smith and vice-captain David Warner attended an undisclosed meeting with Australian Cricketers' Association (ACA) chief executive Alastair Nicholson to consider their options after a breakdown in the talks with CA last week.

The Australian newspaper said the players discussed a range of options, including going ahead with the Bangladesh tour under a special contractual arrangement.

But they resolved to stand by the resolutions reached at a previous meeting and refuse to take part in any tours unless there is a new memorandum of understanding in place.

The players are entering their fourth week of unemployment since the failure to reach a new agreement on pay at the end of June.

The squad voted to attend the training camp in Darwin on August 10 but will not leave for Bangladesh a week later unless an agreement is reached, the newspaper said.

The first match of the two-Test series was due to start 10 days later.

The Australia A squad went through a similar process before abandoning the tour to South Africa earlier this month.

The dispute is over CA's refusal to renew a revenue-sharing arrangement which has been part of all deals over the past two decades.

Reports said the ACA was close to a deal with CA last week. Players proposed they retain the revenue-sharing model but sacrifice up to Aus$30 million ($24 million) of their pay to grassroots cricket.

But CA would not offer a revenue-sharing deal.

The players expressed disappointment at the latest developments in the protracted dispute, which threatens the showpiece Ashes home series against England later this year.

"Not sure the players can do much more to solve the dispute. We're really proud to offer up to an extra $30 million for grassroots #fairshare," Warner tweeted.

Fast bowler Pat Cummins added:"Players are as frustrated as anyone else. We want to play. Offering even more to grassroots to get a deal!!! #fairshare."

Source: Khaleej Times

 

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

top australia players could boycott bangladesh series top australia players could boycott bangladesh series

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

top australia players could boycott bangladesh series top australia players could boycott bangladesh series

 



GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 05:04 2024 Tuesday ,06 February

Skincare PR Performance Full Year 2017

GMT 19:19 2018 Sunday ,07 January

Has the good fortune for ETFs run its course?

GMT 10:31 2014 Tuesday ,23 December

Mirages of failure: Lebanon cannot wait

GMT 10:35 2011 Thursday ,06 October

3 Syrian Army and Police martyrs laid to rest

GMT 20:32 2014 Tuesday ,16 December

Egypt criticise attack on Pakistan army school

GMT 06:53 2017 Friday ,17 February

Tunisia announces visa exemption for Chinese tourists

GMT 08:23 2017 Wednesday ,01 November

Saudi Arabia to allow women spectators in stadiums

GMT 12:57 2017 Saturday ,28 October

Libyan army deploys additional forces in Oil Crescent

GMT 12:24 2014 Monday ,03 November

Hlavackova, Hradecka team up again after split

GMT 15:58 2013 Sunday ,03 March

Xinhua launches new media newswire service

GMT 08:33 2012 Wednesday ,07 March

GCC swimming championship begins today

GMT 06:51 2015 Tuesday ,10 March

Apple's next big thing aims for wrists

GMT 04:44 2015 Friday ,24 April

Saudi king meets Pakistani PM

GMT 12:34 2011 Tuesday ,23 August

Bahrain sacks 2,500 state workers

GMT 06:38 2011 Tuesday ,12 July

Wall Street records worst day in a month

GMT 01:17 2017 Thursday ,05 October

'I'm going to die': fear grips Vegas strip

GMT 02:03 2017 Wednesday ,12 July

Tillerson bats for Qatar monitoring mechanism
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice