officials new trump order drops iraq from travel ban list
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Officials: New Trump order drops Iraq from travel ban list

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Officials: New Trump order drops Iraq from travel ban list

US Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, second from left, is greeted by US Ambassador Douglas
Washington- Arab today

President Donald Trump’s new immigration order will remove Iraq from the list of countries whose citizens face a temporary US travel ban, US officials said Tuesday, citing the latest draft in circulation. Trump is expected to sign the executive order in the coming days.

Four officials told The Associated Press that the decision followed pressure from the Pentagon and State Department, which had urged the White House to reconsider Iraq’s inclusion given its key role in fighting Daesh.

Citizens of six other predominantly Muslim countries — Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen — will remain on the travel ban list, said the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorised to discuss the order before it is signed. Those bans are effective for 90 days.

The new order includes other changes as well. The officials said the 12-page document no longer singles out Syrian refugees for an indefinite ban and instead includes them as part of a general, 120-day suspension of new refugee admissions.

The officials also said the order won’t include any explicit exemption for religious minorities in the countries targeted by the travel ban. Critics had accused the administration of adding such language to help Christians get into the US while excluding Muslims

Trump signed his original executive order in late January. It sparked immediate confusion, panic and outrage as some travelers were detained in US airports before being sent back overseas and others were barred from boarding flights at foreign airports.

The government initially blocked US green card holders before offering those legal residents special permission to come into the country. It finally decided the order didn’t apply to them.

The State Department provisionally revoked roughly 60,000 valid visas in all, before a federal judge in Washington state blocked the government from carrying out the ban. The 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals upheld that decision.

Under the revised order, officials said, all existing visas will be honoured.

In his first address to a joint session of Congress, Trump on Tuesday evening defended his effort.

“We will shortly take new steps to keep our nation safe and to keep out those who would do us harm,” he said.

The changes follow a report by intelligence analysts at the Homeland Security Department, which found insufficient evidence that citizens of the seven Muslim-majority countries posed a terror threat to the US. A draft of the analysis was obtained last week by the AP

source : gulfnews

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

officials new trump order drops iraq from travel ban list officials new trump order drops iraq from travel ban list

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

officials new trump order drops iraq from travel ban list officials new trump order drops iraq from travel ban list

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eight

GMT 10:21 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eleven

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 10:31 2014 Tuesday ,23 December

Mirages of failure: Lebanon cannot wait

GMT 05:17 2024 Wednesday ,07 February

Amazon to open first cashierless shop

GMT 10:18 2018 Thursday ,30 August

Iran incapable of closing Hormuz, Bab Al Mandeb

GMT 05:14 2024 Wednesday ,07 February

Sophisticated Classic Dining Room Design Ideas

GMT 12:56 2017 Friday ,15 December

UN blames Damascus for 'golden opportunity missed'

GMT 05:35 2016 Friday ,17 June

Twilight justice: Germany's Nazi trials

GMT 04:22 2017 Thursday ,22 June

Sandy, dusty weekend for UAE

GMT 14:57 2017 Wednesday ,09 August

Bahrain wins Arab contest

GMT 10:33 2013 Sunday ,11 August

I am optimistic about Egypt\'s future

GMT 15:09 2016 Sunday ,03 July

NBAD, FGB boards approve merger

GMT 18:44 2017 Tuesday ,02 May

Oman Air bags tourism award

GMT 10:47 2014 Friday ,28 November

London Sock Company collaborates with David Gandy

GMT 16:32 2016 Thursday ,29 December

Sudan MPs vote to bring back PM post

GMT 16:05 2017 Monday ,24 July

Major investments to boost Dubai's economy
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice