chinese film pulled from tokyo festival
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Chinese film pulled from Tokyo festival

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Chinese film pulled from Tokyo festival

Tokyo - AFP

China\'s main entry to the Tokyo International Film Festival has apparently been pulled, the event\'s organisers said Friday, as a bitter row with Japan over islands spilled over to the arts. But the festival\'s secretariat said it would still screen Wang Jing\'s \"Feng Shui\" -- the only Chinese film nominated for the festival\'s grand prize -- because it had not received formal notification. A statement carried on China\'s state-run Xinhua news agency on Thursday said the producers were withdrawing the film in protest over the island spat. \"The Japanese government and right-wingers have not shown a sincere attitude regarding the settlement of the dispute, which has seriously hurt the Chinese people\'s feelings,\" it said. The 25th annual festival is scheduled to be held from Saturday to October 28 this year, featuring 15 international films nominated for its top award, the Tokyo Sakura Grand Prix. The decades-old dispute over sovereignty of the Japanese-administered Senkaku islands, which China calls the Diaoyus, flared again in August and September. Street protests erupted in China, sometimes targeting Japanese firms, and diplomatic blows were traded at the United Nations General Assembly. But on Friday the head of the festival\'s secretariat said they would show the Chinese film as planned. \"We have received an email from an unnamed sender that had attached to it a joint statement purportedly from the film\'s three production firms, which said they are withdrawing the film,\" Nobushige Toshima told AFP. \"The statement didn\'t have any representative\'s name, signature or seal on it,\" he said. \"Therefore, we haven\'t received any formal communication so at the moment we are due to screen the film as planned.\" Toshima said the statement was similar to what had been reported by Xinhua. On Friday, the film\'s distributor, Beijing Antaeus Film Co. Ltd., confirmed on its microblog the film had been withdrawn. \"Because of tense relations between China and Japan, \'Feng Shui\' was withdrawn from the Tokyo Film Festival,\" the firm said. The distributor said in a posting late on Thursday: \"In the current environment, \'Feng Shui\' chose to give up when it was close to success, indeed it is a pity for the film but a pride for the Chinese people.\"

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

chinese film pulled from tokyo festival chinese film pulled from tokyo festival

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

chinese film pulled from tokyo festival chinese film pulled from tokyo festival

 



GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 05:04 2024 Tuesday ,06 February

Skincare PR Performance Full Year 2017

GMT 19:19 2018 Sunday ,07 January

Has the good fortune for ETFs run its course?

GMT 10:31 2014 Tuesday ,23 December

Mirages of failure: Lebanon cannot wait

GMT 10:35 2011 Thursday ,06 October

3 Syrian Army and Police martyrs laid to rest

GMT 20:32 2014 Tuesday ,16 December

Egypt criticise attack on Pakistan army school

GMT 06:53 2017 Friday ,17 February

Tunisia announces visa exemption for Chinese tourists

GMT 08:23 2017 Wednesday ,01 November

Saudi Arabia to allow women spectators in stadiums

GMT 12:57 2017 Saturday ,28 October

Libyan army deploys additional forces in Oil Crescent

GMT 12:24 2014 Monday ,03 November

Hlavackova, Hradecka team up again after split

GMT 15:58 2013 Sunday ,03 March

Xinhua launches new media newswire service

GMT 08:33 2012 Wednesday ,07 March

GCC swimming championship begins today
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice