promoters sue cancelled gaga show
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Promoters sue cancelled Gaga show

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Promoters sue cancelled Gaga show

Los Angeles - AFP

Concert promoters are suing insurers in the United States for breach of contract over an Indonesian concert by Lady Gaga canceled last year due to a threat by Islamic hardliners. The lawsuit was filed in Los Angeles by Live Nation LGTours, Mermaid Touring and The Atom Factory against three Lloyds of London insurance syndicates, claiming at least $75,000 in damages, according to documents published Tuesday. The flamboyant US pop diva, known for her outrageous outfits and wigs, canceled the concert in Jakarta last June after Islamic hardliners promised \"chaos\" if she entered the Muslim nation. In the lawsuit, a copy of which was published by the Hollywood Reporter, the promoters accuse the insurers of failing to pay out on a terrorism policy taken out in advance of the tour. Specifically it accused them of \"despicable conduct that subjected Plaintiffs to cruel and unjust hardship ...with the intent to vex, injure or annoy the Plaintiffs, such as to constitute oppression, fraud or malice...\" The Lloyds of London syndicates named in the lawsuit -- filed on March 3 at the US District Court for the Central District of California in Los Angeles -- are Beazley Syndicate 623, Beazley Syndicate 2623 and Talbot Syndicate 1183. Jakarta police refused approval for the June 3 Lady Gaga show after the Islamic Defenders Front (FPI) threatened violence if she performed, calling her a \"devil\'s messenger\" who wears only a \"bra and panties\". Local promoters Big Daddy said it was \"unfortunate\" that the show, part of Lady Gaga\'s tour of Asia that drew protests from Christian groups in the Philippines and South Korea, had to be called off. More than 50,000 tickets had been sold for the event at the Bung Karno Stadium, but FPI Jakarta chairman Habib Salim Alatas said the cancellation was \"good news\" for Muslims in Indonesia. Ninety percent of Indonesia\'s 240 million people identify themselves as Muslim, making it the world\'s largest Islamic-majority nation, but the vast majority practise a moderate form of the religion. In the past, pop stars including Beyonce and The Pussycat Dolls have been allowed to perform in the country on condition they wore more conservative dress than usual.

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

promoters sue cancelled gaga show promoters sue cancelled gaga show

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

promoters sue cancelled gaga show promoters sue cancelled gaga show

 



GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 05:04 2024 Tuesday ,06 February

Skincare PR Performance Full Year 2017

GMT 19:19 2018 Sunday ,07 January

Has the good fortune for ETFs run its course?

GMT 10:31 2014 Tuesday ,23 December

Mirages of failure: Lebanon cannot wait

GMT 10:35 2011 Thursday ,06 October

3 Syrian Army and Police martyrs laid to rest

GMT 20:32 2014 Tuesday ,16 December

Egypt criticise attack on Pakistan army school

GMT 06:53 2017 Friday ,17 February

Tunisia announces visa exemption for Chinese tourists

GMT 08:23 2017 Wednesday ,01 November

Saudi Arabia to allow women spectators in stadiums

GMT 12:57 2017 Saturday ,28 October

Libyan army deploys additional forces in Oil Crescent

GMT 12:24 2014 Monday ,03 November

Hlavackova, Hradecka team up again after split

GMT 15:58 2013 Sunday ,03 March

Xinhua launches new media newswire service

GMT 08:33 2012 Wednesday ,07 March

GCC swimming championship begins today
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice