boston celtics call off seasonending game after blasts
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Sporting stars condemn marathon explosions

Boston Celtics call off season-ending game after blasts

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Boston Celtics call off season-ending game after blasts

Paramedics come to the aid of victims of the Boston Marathon blasts
Boston - Arabstoday
Paramedics come to the aid of victims of the Boston Marathon blasts The Boston Celtics' regular season-ending home game on Tuesday against Indiana has been canceled after deadly explosions rocked the Boston Marathon, the NBA announced. The game, which was set to be played at the downtown Garden arena just blocks from the site of the blasts, would not be re-scheduled, the league said.
The move follows the National Hockey League's decision to postpone Monday night's contest between the Boston Bruins and the Ottawa Senators.
"The NBA expresses its sympathy to all those affected by the tragedy in Boston earlier today," the NBA said in a news release.
The contest did not carry any playoff implications. Boston is the seventh seed in the Eastern Conference, eight games behind Indiana, which is third and cannot catch the second placed New York Knicks.
Both teams end the regular season on Wednesday, with Boston visiting Toronto and Indiana hosting Philadelphia.
Miami Heat star LeBron James tweeted Monday that he was thinking about those affected by the blasts.
"Prayers goes out to those involved/hurt in #BostonMarathon," tweeted James.
The NBA season concludes Wednesday with the playoffs set to begin on the weekend.
NHL officials said unlike the Celtics' contest, the Bruins' home game would be rescheduled at a later date.
"The National Hockey League wishes to express its sympathy to all affected by the tragic events that took place in Boston earlier this afternoon," the league said.
The Boston Red Sox's home game against the Tampa Bay Rays on Monday morning wasn't affected. The Red Sox had beaten the Rays 3-2 before the twin blasts caused chaos in the city, killing at least three and injuring scores of others.
"Very sad to hear the news coming out of Boston," Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino said on Twitter after the team had traveled to Cleveland. "Horrific. My thoughts and prayers to all those involved."

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

boston celtics call off seasonending game after blasts boston celtics call off seasonending game after blasts

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

boston celtics call off seasonending game after blasts boston celtics call off seasonending game after blasts

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 12:23 2017 Saturday ,07 October

Nadal defies 'tennis ball hair' mishap to sweep

GMT 05:03 2012 Tuesday ,21 February

Libyan fans cheer return of international soccer

GMT 19:01 2011 Monday ,08 August

\'Jordan’s GCC accession to start in September\'

GMT 01:50 2012 Saturday ,08 December

Rolling Stones join Sandy concert

GMT 14:33 2011 Friday ,10 June

Tens of thousands rally after Friday prayers

GMT 03:09 2012 Friday ,27 July

Alchemist author plays with reality in new book

GMT 12:58 2013 Monday ,04 November

Bring in 300,000 tourists to Emirate

GMT 23:34 2012 Wednesday ,04 July

Khalidiya - Abu Dhabi\'s new food destination

GMT 00:27 2011 Sunday ,23 October

Visa scandal kills University of Wales

GMT 16:35 2011 Wednesday ,09 February

Samer al-Atrush / AFP

GMT 12:01 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Bahrain Bourse daily trading performance

GMT 09:11 2018 Thursday ,11 January

China orders 184 Airbus A320 planes: France
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice