manchester city sack italian boss roberto mancini
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Malaga's Pellegrini favourite to take charge

Manchester City sack Italian boss Roberto Mancini

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Manchester City sack Italian boss Roberto Mancini

Mancini has struggled at Eastlands
Manchester - Arabstoday
Mancini has struggled at Eastlands English Premier League side Manchester City have sacked Italian manager Roberto Mancini. In a statement on their official website, City described the move as "difficult" for the Abu Dhabi-based owners. "The Club has failed to achieve any of its stated targets this year, with the exception of qualification for next season’s UEFA Champions League," the statement added.
Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: "Roberto’s record speaks for itself and he has the respect and gratitude of Sheikh Mansour, myself and the Board for all of his hard work and commitment over the last three and a half years.
"He has clearly also secured the love and respect of our fans. He has done as he promised and delivered silverware and success, breaking the Club’s 35-year trophy drought and securing the title in 2012.
"I would like to personally and publicly thank him for his dedication to the progress that he has overseen and for his support and continued friendship."
Stories emerging in the Spanish press earlier this week claimed that City would replace the Italian with Malaga's Chilean coach Manuel Pellegrini.
However, speaking on Sunday evening, Pellegrini denied he had spoken to City about replacing Mancini as the club's manager.
"I categorically deny that I am the new Manchester City coach, nothing has been signed and no agreement reached," he said on Malaga's website following their 0-0 draw with Sevilla.
"I've been fortunate enough, and very proud, that every year the big Clubs are interested in me.
"I have an agreement with Malaga not to talk to anyone and nothing has been agreed with any other outfit. I hope the future of this Club will become somewhat clearer in the next few days."
Speaking after City's shock 1-0 loss to Wigan Athletic in Saturday's FA Cup final at Wembley Stadium, Mancini criticised his employers for not publicly addressing the rumours.
"You continue to talk about this for six months and also in the last two weeks, too much.
"I don't know why the club didn't stop this, because I didn't think it was correct. I don't think that it's true."
As well as their FA Cup final defeat, City failed to keep pace with Manchester United in the defence of their Premier League title and were knocked out of the Champions League in the group phase.

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

manchester city sack italian boss roberto mancini manchester city sack italian boss roberto mancini

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

manchester city sack italian boss roberto mancini manchester city sack italian boss roberto mancini

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 16:22 2013 Monday ,25 March

Foreign students\' prostitution ban

GMT 06:34 2017 Tuesday ,19 December

'The Last Jedi' rakes in $450.8mn worldwide in opening

GMT 23:26 2017 Friday ,17 November

Activist can't file class action against Facebook

GMT 20:06 2011 Monday ,18 July

Schalke fail with improved Roux bid

GMT 23:42 2014 Thursday ,06 November

Xi book in spotlight at APEC media center

GMT 12:31 2011 Monday ,19 September

For a lasting monsoon look

GMT 06:18 2018 Sunday ,14 January

Doping whistleblower Rodchenkov "to testify"

GMT 23:29 2017 Thursday ,02 February

Protests erupt at airports following Trump travel ban

GMT 14:20 2015 Saturday ,14 November

Paris in shock after terror attacks

GMT 13:13 2013 Tuesday ,12 March

Looking for bedroom inspiration, here’s a few

GMT 18:51 2016 Thursday ,17 November

Iraqi paramilitaries: reached airport west of Mosul

GMT 15:22 2014 Saturday ,27 September

Confederate presents ultra-limited edition Hellcat

GMT 18:24 2015 Friday ,13 February

2 police recruits killed in Libya blast

GMT 00:54 2015 Saturday ,22 August

Arab League chief criticizes Shubra el Kheima blast

GMT 20:24 2013 Monday ,19 August

JW Marriott plans to reopen Tripoli Hotel
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice