vettel extends lead with win in belgian grand prix
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Alonso and Hamilton make podium in Spa

Vettel extends lead with win in Belgian grand Prix

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Vettel extends lead with win in Belgian grand Prix

Sebastian Vettel (L) takes an early lead in the Belgian Grand Prix
Spa - Arab Today
Sebastian Vettel (L) takes an early lead in the Belgian Grand Prix Sebastian Vettel delivered a crushing blow to his title rivals on Sunday when he increased his lead in the drivers\' championship with a consummate triumph for Red Bull in the Belgian Grand Prix .
On a welcome dry afternoon at Spa Francorchamps in the Belgian Ardennes, the 26-year-old German took the lead from pole-man Lewis Hamilton on the opening lap and then pulled clear to claim his fifth win of the year and the 31st of his career.
The defending triple world champion came home a comfortable 16.869 seconds ahead of second-placed Spaniard Fernando Alonso of Ferrari with Hamilton third for Mercedes. It was his fourth third-place of the year.
Vettel\'s win, his second in Belgium, lifted him to a total of 197 points while Alonso climbed back to second on 151 with Hamilton third on 139. In the constructors championship Red Bull lead with 312 points ahead of Mercedes on 235.
Hamilton\'s Mercedes team-mate German Nico Rosberg finished fourth ahead of Australian Mark Webber in the second Red Bull and sixth-placed Briton Jenson Button for McLaren.
Brazilian Felipe Massa showed some signs of a revival in his own form by finishing seventh ahead of Frenchman Romain Grosjean of Lotus, German Adrian Sutil of Force India and Australian Daniel Ricciardo of Toro Rosso.
With eight races remaining, Vettel\'s win was an emphatic riposte to Hamilton\'s speed and recent form, and his maiden victory for Mercedes in Hungary.
Finn Kimi Raikikonen failed to finish for the first time since he returned to Formula One from rallying. He was forced to retire for the first time in 39 races due to a brake problem with his Lotus.
Briton Paul Di Resta was also forced out after a collision when Venezuelan Pastor Maldonado of Williams drove into his Force India in the closing stages.
Earlier in the day, Webber told Australia\'s Channel 10 that he believed fellow-Australian Ricciardo was set to replace him alongside Vettel next season.
He said: \"The decision\'s made. We all know who it is. I\'m happy with that decision. It\'s good for him and good for Australia.\"
Source: AFP

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

vettel extends lead with win in belgian grand prix vettel extends lead with win in belgian grand prix

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

vettel extends lead with win in belgian grand prix vettel extends lead with win in belgian grand prix

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 10:31 2014 Tuesday ,23 December

Mirages of failure: Lebanon cannot wait

GMT 11:03 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

No end to eyesores at Taj Mahal

GMT 08:06 2017 Saturday ,09 December

Turkey's Erdogan holds visit to Greece

GMT 05:26 2013 Monday ,07 October

Malala: Thank God I\'m not dead

GMT 12:31 2011 Thursday ,01 September

Slump in confidence takes its toll on US auto sales

GMT 13:43 2011 Saturday ,10 December

Shaikh Hamad holds talks

GMT 20:46 2011 Wednesday ,03 August

Did Earth once have two moons?

GMT 15:32 2017 Wednesday ,24 May

Israel razes Palestinian factory in Jenin

GMT 12:23 2017 Wednesday ,06 December

JAL invests $10 mln in Boom for supersonic jet project

GMT 10:54 2011 Thursday ,16 June

Heat stress cases on the rise as temperatures soar

GMT 09:10 2017 Wednesday ,22 November

Enough is enough: Saudi foreign minister to Iran

GMT 14:26 2017 Thursday ,28 September

Russia, US shoot for the moon with joint lunar station
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice