drone attack on russian bases in syria no casualties
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Drone attack on Russian bases in Syria, no casualties

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Drone attack on Russian bases in Syria, no casualties

President Vladimir Putin
Moscow - Emiratesvoice

Pilotless drones carrying explosives attacked Russian bases in Syria over the weekend without causing any casualties or damage, Russia's defence ministry said Monday.

"Ten drones carrying explosives attacked the Russian air base at Hmeimim and three others targeted the Russian naval base in Tartus", both in western Syria, the ministry said in a statement run by Russian press agencies.

The "terrorist" attacks took place on Friday night causing "neither casualties nor material damage", the statement said.

"The Hmeimim and Tartus bases continue to operate normally," the ministry added.

Of the 13 drones used in the attacks, seven were destroyed while the six others were intercepted by the Russian army, it said.

The statement comes days after Moscow announced that two Russian servicemen were killed in a mortar attack by Islamist militants at the Hmeimim air base on New Year's Eve.

According to the Russian Kommersant business daily, seven military planes were "practically destroyed" in that attack, but the ministry dismissed the report as "fake".

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that Russian forces were on alert following drone attacks on the Hmeimim base, the largest Russian military base on Syrian territory.

After two years of Russian military support for the regime of Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad, President Vladimir Putin announced in mid-December the partial withdrawal of forces from the country, saying their task in the war-torn country had been largely completed.

The size of the Russian deployment in Syria is not known but independent Russian military expert Pavel Felgenhauer told AFP that up to 10,000 troops and private contractors could have taken part in the conflict.

More than 330,000 people are estimated to have been killed in the Syrian war, which began in 2011 as the regime brutally crushed anti-government protests. Millions have been displaced.

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

drone attack on russian bases in syria no casualties drone attack on russian bases in syria no casualties

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

drone attack on russian bases in syria no casualties drone attack on russian bases in syria no casualties

 



GMT 16:17 2018 Thursday ,30 August

Five Saudi women pilots granted GACA licences

GMT 05:14 2024 Wednesday ,07 February

Sophisticated Classic Dining Room Design Ideas

GMT 05:06 2024 Tuesday ,06 February

New hunt for flight MH370 gets under way

GMT 05:17 2024 Wednesday ,07 February

Amazon to open first cashierless shop

GMT 13:46 2012 Wednesday ,20 June

Mali Islamists want sharia not independence

GMT 17:53 2017 Saturday ,18 February

Mohammed Bin Talha: My prize for all Moroccan poets

GMT 19:27 2016 Tuesday ,27 December

The Ethiopian dam between Egypt and Saudi Arabia

GMT 02:36 2017 Wednesday ,08 March

Why Warsaw is finally united

GMT 06:17 2017 Wednesday ,30 August

Philippines considering visa on arrival for Indians

GMT 21:13 2016 Wednesday ,13 April

UK paper: Ballistic missile 'threat to London'

GMT 03:11 2012 Saturday ,14 April

Sleiman sets terms for overspending law

GMT 05:11 2017 Wednesday ,18 October

Dubai Airshow 2017 set to be largest

GMT 08:33 2016 Sunday ,25 September

Bolivia recovers 22 archaeological pieces from Germany

GMT 04:26 2017 Tuesday ,24 January

Ahlam a force to be reckoned with on social media

GMT 14:13 2017 Sunday ,24 December

Bahrain Press headlines

GMT 20:16 2011 Monday ,03 October

Returning Libyan Jew says threatened over temple

GMT 20:31 2011 Thursday ,14 July

Zarzis, Tunisia opens it arms to Libyan refugees

GMT 10:50 2016 Wednesday ,30 November

Sheikha Fatima visits Wahat Al Karama memorial site
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2021 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2021 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice