Palestinians will apply for full membership at the United Nations on Sept. 23, risking a U.S. Security Council veto, the Palestinian foreign minister said.A flurry of diplomatic activity led by Tony Blair, representative of the so-called Quartet mediating group, has brought nothing fresh that would persuade Palestinians to change their plans, said the Palestinian Authority minister, Riad Malki. U.S. envoys David Hale and Dennis Ross are scheduled to meet with Palestinian Authority President Abbas later today.“Blair did not present us with anything new,” Malki said at a news conference in the West Bank city of Ramallah. “It’s the same offer that was presented before.”Abbas will present the application to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon for consideration by the Security Council after his speech to the General Assembly, which is scheduled for Sept. 23, Malki said. The Obama administration has said it will veto any Palestinian resolution in the Security Council seeking UN membership.Secretary of State Hillary Clinton spoke by phone with Blair yesterday, according to State Department spokesman Mark Toner, who said the U.S. is “working hard” to persuade Palestinians and Israelis to return to peace talks.Peace talks broke down last year when Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu refused to extend a partial 10-month construction freeze on Jewish settlements in the West Bank. Abbas has said he won’t resume talks while building continues.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor