trump travel ban could cost united states in bid for 2026 world cup
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Trump travel ban could cost United States in bid for 2026 World Cup

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Trump travel ban could cost United States in bid for 2026 World Cup

Fifa President Gianni Infantino.
New York - Arab Today

The United States would have to grant entry to players, officials and fans from any country that qualified if it won the right to host the 2026 World Cup finals, football body Fifa said on Thursday.
Responding to a question about President Donald Trump’s order banning citizens from six Muslim-majority nations from travelling to the United States, Fifa boss Gianni Infantino said any nation bidding for the tournament would have clear rules.
"We are now in the process of defining the bid requirements," he said.
"In the world there are certainly many countries with travel bans, visa requirements and so on and so forth.
"What is obvious is that when it comes to the World Cup, like the Olympic Games ... any team, including the supporters and officials of that team who have qualified, need to have access to the country. Otherwise there is no World Cup."
Concacaf, the governing body for football in North and Central America and the Caribbean, is mulling a three-way joint bid for the 2026 World Cup between the United States, Mexico and Canada.
Fifa has ruled out a bid from Europe or Asia, leaving the Concacaf region as front-runer for a tournament set to expand to 48 nations from 32.
The United States last hosted the World Cup in 1994 and Mexico in 1986.
Los Angeles is also bidding against Paris for the 2024 Summer Olympics with a vote on that due in September.
Victor Montagliani, the Concacaf president, said last month that a wall planned by Trump along the US-Mexico border would not present an obstacle to co-hosting the event.
Regional football officials have, however, been tight-lipped about the executive order.
The head of European football body Uefa warned last month that restrictions could damage any US bid.
"It will be part of the evaluation, and I am sure it will not help the United States to get the World Cup," Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin told the New York Times.
"If players cannot come because of political decisions, or populist decisions, then the World Cup cannot be played there."
Iran, one of the six countries named, have played in three World Cups including the 2014 finals in Brazil while Syria beat China last October in a qualifier.
"The requirements will be clear. Then each country can make up their decision whether they want to bid or not," said Infantino. "It’s nothing to do with the US or not the US, it’s a general sporting criteria."

Source: The National

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

trump travel ban could cost united states in bid for 2026 world cup trump travel ban could cost united states in bid for 2026 world cup

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

trump travel ban could cost united states in bid for 2026 world cup trump travel ban could cost united states in bid for 2026 world cup

 



GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 10:22 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

Kabul hotel guests describe lax security

GMT 15:25 2017 Monday ,18 December

Uber struggles to make inroads in Japan

GMT 16:21 2016 Friday ,26 August

Haifa Beseisso: A global citizen on a mission

GMT 15:36 2017 Thursday ,22 June

'Do good at Sunset' charity drive in Jumeirah

GMT 13:04 2017 Tuesday ,14 February

How sleep deprivation affect your work

GMT 22:36 2016 Wednesday ,06 January

Chipotle norovirus outbreak under US criminal probe

GMT 10:08 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

Microsoft to open 4 data centres

GMT 19:15 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Emirati fined Dh2.2m for embezzling public funds

GMT 04:36 2018 Monday ,22 January

centre-left backs formal coalition talks

GMT 03:41 2016 Thursday ,30 June

UK banks 'well placed' to manage Brexit fallout

GMT 07:36 2017 Friday ,27 October

Federal National Council playing a sterling role

GMT 11:13 2017 Wednesday ,15 February

Barcelona shell-shocked after PSG hammering

GMT 09:10 2017 Tuesday ,07 March

Smaller bats, sendings-off among new cricket laws

GMT 11:41 2017 Wednesday ,01 November

A Dubai entrepreneur is inspired by her love of travel

GMT 07:46 2017 Saturday ,11 November

Houthi commander was killed in Yemen’s Hodeidah

GMT 21:40 2015 Wednesday ,13 May

Highly-rated young Dane dies

GMT 08:31 2016 Thursday ,21 January

Tunisia police disperse new protest

GMT 05:46 2012 Friday ,06 July

Al-Assad is still digging!

GMT 10:25 2012 Thursday ,02 February

QOIC discloses statements
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice