un urges probe of dr congo violence
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

UN urges probe of DR Congo violence

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice UN urges probe of DR Congo violence

United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Zeid Ra'ad Zeid al-Hussein
Geneva - Arab Today

The UN’s top rights official on Wednesday called for a high-level investigation into abuses committed against civilians in the violence-wracked Democratic Republic of Congo following the discovery of mass graves.
Zeid Ra’ad Al-Hussein praised the DR Congo government for quickly investigating the killings and other severe human rights violations in the isolated Kasai and Lomani provinces, but said a UN probe was also needed.
“I commend the swift action taken by the government to begin processes of investigation and accountability in some of the alleged killings attributed to soldiers, and offer the assistance of my office,” Zeid told the UN Human Rights Council. But, he continued, “in light of recurrent reports of grave violations and the recent discovery of three more mass graves, I urge the council to establish a Commission of Inquiry to look into these allegations.”
In February, a seven-minute video posted on social media, which appeared to be taken on a mobile phone, purported to show a massacre of unarmed men and women by Congolese soldiers apparently in the central Kasai area.
The country has also been rocked by political violence after President Joseph Kabila refused to step down at the end of his second and final term in December. His continued presence in office sparked clashes that left more than 100 people dead in September and December, Zeid said.
“My office will be closely watching judicial developments in regard to actions by security forces which lead to the deaths,” he told the council.
Zeid also expressed disappointment there had been “no meaningful progress” toward implementing a power-sharing deal signed on New Year’s Eve.
That deal allows Kabila to stay on as president until elections can be held at the “end of 2017,” but calls for a transition council to be established.

Source: Arab News

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

un urges probe of dr congo violence un urges probe of dr congo violence

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

un urges probe of dr congo violence un urges probe of dr congo violence

 



GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 11:03 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

No end to eyesores at Taj Mahal

GMT 07:40 2018 Monday ,15 January

C&A fashion chain eyes sale to Chinese investors

GMT 10:30 2017 Thursday ,02 November

Britain’s Aston Martin is performing

GMT 11:30 2017 Saturday ,02 September

Chinese Vice-Premier leaves the Country

GMT 00:48 2011 Thursday ,06 October

Modern fairy tale unfolds in London

GMT 09:30 2017 Thursday ,21 September

21 ISIS militant were killed in suicide attack in Hama

GMT 23:45 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Europe in the pink of health, feels Bjorn

GMT 13:16 2018 Friday ,19 January

Rafael Nadal into fourth round of Australian Open

GMT 18:10 2016 Monday ,31 October

PTI supporters planned to occupy secretariat

GMT 07:08 2017 Thursday ,21 December

Blinded in one eye, Syrian baby becomes symbol of siege

GMT 12:01 2017 Sunday ,17 December

S.Africa's troubled ANC meets to elect new leader

GMT 19:26 2013 Friday ,29 November

Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC

GMT 12:51 2017 Monday ,08 May

1 in 8 road deaths is a child in Oman

GMT 01:23 2017 Sunday ,28 May

RAK's tourism sector on a roll

GMT 17:20 2011 Thursday ,11 August

Moroccans flying EA increase

GMT 09:23 2016 Tuesday ,02 August

Zika travel warning issued for Miami neighborhood

GMT 13:56 2016 Friday ,12 February

Korean peninsula looks more divided than ever

GMT 17:29 2015 Friday ,06 February

Rare Ferrari found on French farm fetches €14m

GMT 20:38 2017 Wednesday ,15 March

Czech zoo to saw off rhino horns after French killing

GMT 11:26 2013 Tuesday ,07 May

First ever Dutch Mini to be restored

GMT 10:39 2012 Thursday ,24 May

Less than 100 pygmy sloths survive
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice