nishikori to miss rest of season with wrist injury
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Nishikori to miss rest of season with wrist injury

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Nishikori to miss rest of season with wrist injury

Kei Nishikori is the third top-10 player to conclude his season early.
Abu Dhabi - Emirates Voice

World number nine Kei Nishikori of Japan will miss the remainder of the 2017 ATP season after suffering a torn tendon in his right wrist, his management team announced on Wednesday.
The 27-year-old Asian number one will miss the upcoming US Open, on the New York hardcourts where he has produced his best Grand Slam results - a 2014 runner-up finish and a semi-final run last year.
Nishikori becomes the third top-10 player to conclude his season early, joining Serbian 12-time Grand Slam champion Novak Djokovic, out with an elbow injury, and Swiss 2016 US Open champion Stan Wawrinka with a knee injury.
A statement from Nishikori's team said the injury took place during a practice session at Cincinnati ahead of this week's ATP Masters hardcourt event, the last major US Open tuneup.
The decision to end Nishikori's season came after advice was sought from five wrist specialists and with hope he can return in top form in 2018.
"Two days ago during practice in Cincinnati, Kei hit a serve and heard a 'pop' in his wrist," the statement read.
"We went straight to the hospital to take an MRI. Yesterday, we went to see a very renowned wrist specialist who works with many of the Major League Baseball pitchers. We saw another specialist today to get a second opinion. On top of that we have sent MRI results to three other wrist specialists to ensure we get several independent opinions from specialist.
"After consulting with all of them, it has become clear that Kei has a tear in one of the tendons in the right wrist. At this stage, we have elected not to do surgery and Kei is in a cast.
"After the swelling comes down in the next weeks, we will evaluate next steps. Kei will withdraw from all the 2017 tournaments and work hard to be ready for next year."
Brazilian Thiago Monteiro will replace Nishikori in the US Open main draw when the year's last Grand Slam tournament begins August 28, organisers said.
Nishikori concludes the 2017 season with a 30-13 match record. His best finishes were runner-up showings at Brisbane in January and the Argentina Open in February.
In the Grand Slams, Nishikori reached the fourth round at the Australian Open, losing in five sets to eventual champion Roger Federer, falling in the French Open quarterfinals to Britain's top-ranked Andy Murray and ousted in the third round at Wimbledon by Spain's Roberto Bautista Agut.
Nishikori's last match of the campaign was a three-set loss to Frenchman Gael Monfils in his opener last week at Montreal.

Source: Khaleej Times

 

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

nishikori to miss rest of season with wrist injury nishikori to miss rest of season with wrist injury

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

nishikori to miss rest of season with wrist injury nishikori to miss rest of season with wrist injury

 



GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 10:22 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

Kabul hotel guests describe lax security

GMT 15:25 2017 Monday ,18 December

Uber struggles to make inroads in Japan

GMT 16:21 2016 Friday ,26 August

Haifa Beseisso: A global citizen on a mission

GMT 15:36 2017 Thursday ,22 June

'Do good at Sunset' charity drive in Jumeirah

GMT 13:04 2017 Tuesday ,14 February

How sleep deprivation affect your work

GMT 22:36 2016 Wednesday ,06 January

Chipotle norovirus outbreak under US criminal probe

GMT 10:08 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

Microsoft to open 4 data centres

GMT 19:15 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Emirati fined Dh2.2m for embezzling public funds

GMT 04:36 2018 Monday ,22 January

centre-left backs formal coalition talks

GMT 03:41 2016 Thursday ,30 June

UK banks 'well placed' to manage Brexit fallout

GMT 07:36 2017 Friday ,27 October

Federal National Council playing a sterling role

GMT 11:13 2017 Wednesday ,15 February

Barcelona shell-shocked after PSG hammering

GMT 09:10 2017 Tuesday ,07 March

Smaller bats, sendings-off among new cricket laws

GMT 11:41 2017 Wednesday ,01 November

A Dubai entrepreneur is inspired by her love of travel

GMT 07:46 2017 Saturday ,11 November

Houthi commander was killed in Yemen’s Hodeidah

GMT 21:40 2015 Wednesday ,13 May

Highly-rated young Dane dies

GMT 08:31 2016 Thursday ,21 January

Tunisia police disperse new protest

GMT 05:46 2012 Friday ,06 July

Al-Assad is still digging!

GMT 10:25 2012 Thursday ,02 February

QOIC discloses statements
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice