usa basketball team cancel senegal trip over ebola fears
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

USA basketball team cancel Senegal trip over Ebola fears

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice USA basketball team cancel Senegal trip over Ebola fears

2014 USA basketball men's national team players
Los Angeles - Arab Today

USA Basketball has canceled the team's trip to Senegal because of concerns over the deadly Ebola outbreak, federation chairman Jerry Colangelo said Friday.
The men's team, stocked with NBA stars, had been scheduled to visit Africa for the first time on August 27, with a day of basketball clinics, tours and other functions planned in the capital Dakar.
Although Senegal is not one of the countries so far afflicted in West Africa, Colangelo said its position bordering Guinea and Dakar's role as a gateway to West Africa heightened concerns.
"Considering this unprecedented outbreak, USA Basketball has decided to cancel our August 27 scheduled visit to Senegal," Colangelo said. "I speak for everyone at USA Basketball when I say we are extremely disappointed that we will not be able to visit Senegal.
"We will look for opportunities in the future to work with and support the Senegalese national team."
Medical charity MSF said Friday the Ebola epidemic is moving faster than authorities can handle and could take six months to bring under control.
The warning came a day after the World Health Organization said the scale of the epidemic had been vastly underestimated and that "extraordinary measures" were needed to contain the killer disease.
The UN health agency said the death toll from the worst outbreak of Ebola in four decades had now climbed to 1,145 in Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone.
The US team's stop in Dakar was to follow an exhibition game against Slovenia on August 26 on Spain's Gran Canaria island.
The United States open their FIBA World Cup campaign against Finland in Bilbao, Spain, on August 30.
The FIBA World Cup -- formerly the World Championships -- will take place August 30 to September 14.
Source: AFP

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

usa basketball team cancel senegal trip over ebola fears usa basketball team cancel senegal trip over ebola fears

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

usa basketball team cancel senegal trip over ebola fears usa basketball team cancel senegal trip over ebola fears

 



GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 11:03 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

No end to eyesores at Taj Mahal

GMT 07:40 2018 Monday ,15 January

C&A fashion chain eyes sale to Chinese investors

GMT 10:30 2017 Thursday ,02 November

Britain’s Aston Martin is performing

GMT 11:30 2017 Saturday ,02 September

Chinese Vice-Premier leaves the Country

GMT 00:48 2011 Thursday ,06 October

Modern fairy tale unfolds in London

GMT 09:30 2017 Thursday ,21 September

21 ISIS militant were killed in suicide attack in Hama

GMT 23:45 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Europe in the pink of health, feels Bjorn

GMT 13:16 2018 Friday ,19 January

Rafael Nadal into fourth round of Australian Open

GMT 18:10 2016 Monday ,31 October

PTI supporters planned to occupy secretariat

GMT 07:08 2017 Thursday ,21 December

Blinded in one eye, Syrian baby becomes symbol of siege

GMT 12:01 2017 Sunday ,17 December

S.Africa's troubled ANC meets to elect new leader

GMT 19:26 2013 Friday ,29 November

Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC

GMT 12:51 2017 Monday ,08 May

1 in 8 road deaths is a child in Oman

GMT 01:23 2017 Sunday ,28 May

RAK's tourism sector on a roll

GMT 17:20 2011 Thursday ,11 August

Moroccans flying EA increase
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice