The Italian civil protection agency on Sunday said nearly two-thirds of the buildings inspected in quake-hit areas of central Italy have been declared either permanently or temporarily unsafe. Checks have been carried out so far on 26,911 buildings including homes, offices and schools and of that number only 9,454 were declared accessible. The agency pointed out in a statement that checks by engineers were only carried out in the worst affected areas around the cities of Bologna, Mantova and Modena and were therefore not representative of the region as a whole. It also said a total of 10,891 people made homeless by the earthquakes were still in temporary accommodation including tent camps, schools and barracks. Two earthquakes in May measuring 6.0 and 5.8 on the Richter scale killed 25 people and devastated the wealthy farming and industrial Emilia Romagna region.
GMT 11:16 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Oil slick off China coast trebles in sizeGMT 12:29 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Spotted hyena returns to Gabon park after 20 yearsGMT 11:18 2018 Friday ,19 January
China says air quality 'improved' in 2017GMT 23:57 2018 Thursday ,18 January
for Great Barrier Reef rescue ideasGMT 23:50 2018 Thursday ,18 January
1.5 C climate goal 'very unlikely' but doableGMT 12:18 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Worst-case global warming scenarios not credible: studyGMT 10:44 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Second giant panda cub born in MalaysiaGMT 08:06 2018 Tuesday ,16 January
Oil tanker's sinking off China raises environmental fears

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor