
European Union trade chief announced on Thursday the anti-dumping investigation against Chinese telecommunications equipment makers will not be pursued. EU Trade Commissioner Karel De Gucht said in a news conference the decision is a significant step towards addressing the mobile telecommunications case, but the European Commission would not drop the anti-subsidy investigation in the same area although it will not be activated for the time being. "I am pleased that EU and China have recently been able to resolve a number of trade frictions, not least the polysilicon case and the wine case where China terminated their investigation without imposition of any duty, " De Gucht said. De Gucht said negotiations between the EU and Chinese authorities will be continued towards an amicable solution. China exports telecommunication network equipment to the EU market with a value of approximately just over 1 billion euros (1.38 billion US dollars) per year. Last year, European Commission planned to start an anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigation against China, but kept talks with Beijing open for a solution.
GMT 09:43 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Global unemployment down but working poverty rampantGMT 15:13 2018 Sunday ,21 January
All you need to know about Davos 2018GMT 22:33 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Calls for action over dirty money flowingGMT 04:42 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Storm caused 90 mn euros in damage: Dutch insurersGMT 07:06 2018 Friday ,19 January
China economy rebounds in 2017 with 6.9% growthGMT 11:35 2018 Thursday ,18 January
'Massive' infrastructure spending needed in AfricaGMT 14:29 2018 Wednesday ,17 January
GE takes one-off hit of $6.2 bn linked to insurance activitiesGMT 18:55 2018 Tuesday ,16 January
London stock market edges to new high

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor