huge explosion hit aben amid clashes in baqem directorate
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Military Official Denies Clashes

Huge explosion hit Aben amid clashes in Baqem directorate

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Huge explosion hit Aben amid clashes in Baqem directorate

Outrage over the recent comments of a Houthi minister advocating
Aden - Abdel Ghani Yahia

Outrage over the recent comments of a Houthi minister advocating the recruitment of children for the war in Yemen continued, with a minister from the legitimate government comparing the rebels to terrorists. Human rights minister in the legitimate cabinet Dr. Mohammed Askar told Asharq Al-Awsat: “I do not know what the difference is between organizations such as al-Qaeda and ISIS and between Houthi militias.”
“The United Nation must label these militants as terrorists,” he added. Last week, Houthi minister Hassan Zeid said that children must abandon their studies and join the battles raging in their countries. He went to so far as to say that the children will be able to sway the war in the militants’ favor.
This drew condemnation from UNICEF, whose regional media officer Juliette Touma expressed her deep concern over child recruitment. She told Asharq Al-Awsat that children belong in the classroom, not the battlefront.
Commenting further on Zeid’s statement, Askar said: “This is a crime of crimes. Most violations stem from such criminal demands.” He added that Zeid’s call will cost Yemen its future. “We are in constant contact with prisoners and their loved ones, as well as various civil society institutions, to urge them to stand against such calls,” he continued.
Yemeni Information Minister Moammar al-Eryani said: “These statements confirm that the Houthi insurgents are still recruiting children and exploiting them in their battles against Yemenis.” They have completely disregarded international laws and norms that bar the abuse of children, he continued.
He therefore called on the UN and international organizations to firmly intervene to pressure the Houthis in a manner that ensures that children are protected against the war.
Saudi Arabia-led coalition launched Sunday a series of airstrikes targeting the home village of the Houthi-allied former President Ali Abdullah Saleh in the southeast of the capital Sanaa, said a security official. The airstrikes targeted the Jarban area in the village of Sanhan, the official said on condition of anonymity.
Local residents said the airstrikes targeted several sites, mountains and farms in the area. No casualties were reported, but dozens of residential houses near the targeted locations were slightly damaged.
The coalition has resumed military air campaign on surrounding military sites and in Sanaa over the past two days, nearly two months after the coalition halted the air strikes on Sanaa following Aug. 25 airstrike that killed 14 residents, including six children in the capital.
Meanwhile, the coalition continued air strikes on other rebels' bases across northern Yemen. Last week, Saleh was admitted to the hospital in Sanaa, where he had a successful operation performed by a Russian medical team, according to a statement by Saleh's General People's Congress party.
Saleh had narrowly survived an assassination attempt in his residence in 2011, amid all-out popular protests against him that eventually ended his 33-year rule. In September 2014, Saleh's loyal forces helped the Shiite Houthi rebels to seize control of Sanaa and much of the country's northern areas.
The United Nations Security Council later accused Saleh of obstructing Yemen's political peace and imposed financial sanctions and a global travel ban on him. The conflict has drawn in the Saudi-led Arab coalition in March 2015 to help the internationally recognized Yemeni government of exiled President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi counter the Houthi-Saleh rebellion.
More than 10,000 people, mostly civilians, have been killed in the two-and-half years of war with over 3 million others displaced, according to UN agencies. The country has also been hit by a deadly cholera epidemic and is now on the brink of mass famine.
 

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

huge explosion hit aben amid clashes in baqem directorate huge explosion hit aben amid clashes in baqem directorate

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

huge explosion hit aben amid clashes in baqem directorate huge explosion hit aben amid clashes in baqem directorate

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 05:14 2024 Wednesday ,07 February

Sophisticated Classic Dining Room Design Ideas

GMT 05:17 2024 Wednesday ,07 February

Amazon to open first cashierless shop

GMT 13:32 2016 Monday ,17 October

Turkey to take part in Mosul operation

GMT 08:22 2017 Sunday ,10 September

King of cool vs. king of bling

GMT 07:06 2017 Wednesday ,10 May

UAE artistic scene enhanced due

GMT 07:23 2016 Thursday ,19 May

New museum will 'preserve Palestinian memory'

GMT 12:02 2015 Tuesday ,29 September

Climate goal closer as UN pressure builds

GMT 10:06 2017 Thursday ,26 October

Passengers face new security interviews

GMT 07:16 2011 Tuesday ,31 May

Iran says Egypt diplomat row \'resolved\'

GMT 06:23 2012 Saturday ,28 January

The Arab League Initiative and the "Deal" with Moscow

GMT 05:58 2017 Saturday ,01 July

India finally fires its big-bang tax bazooka

GMT 06:43 2015 Thursday ,11 June

Top 14 final to showcase homegrown French talent

GMT 15:00 2017 Monday ,18 September

National Pavilion UAE’s Venice Internship now open

GMT 02:21 2018 Saturday ,06 January

The best albums to look forward to in 2018

GMT 20:53 2016 Friday ,11 November

Trump win sparks "uncertainty" in U.S.-LatAm ties
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice