last batch of south sudan rebels arrive in juba
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Last batch of South Sudan rebels arrive in Juba

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Last batch of South Sudan rebels arrive in Juba

Sudan People's Liberation Army - in opposition
Juba - Arab Today

 The last batch of 90 Sudan People's Liberation Army - in opposition (SPLA-IO) arrived in Juba on Sunday, bringing the total number of protection troops to 1,370 as required by rebel leader Riek Machar who is expected to return and form an interim government of national unity with President Salva Kiir.

"The final batch of 90 SPLA-IO came through Malakal from Kaladak in the Shilluk Kingdom to make the 1,370 troops," William Ezekiel, the spokesperson of the SPLM-IO advance team told Xinhua.

The rebels arrived aboard a commercial chartered plane because United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) grounded its planes that previously transported rebels.

Ezekiel added there has been good cooperation from the government in receiving the returnee rebels but condemned the continued provocations that have led to clashes in Bahr el Ghazal and Equatoria regions where government denies existence of rebels.

Machar indicated on Wednesday in a letter to the peace deal monitoring body, the Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission Chairperson, Festus Mogae that he will be returning to Juba on April 18 after the arrival of his 1,370 protection troops.

Mogae had proposed April 12 for Machar's return and April 14 for the inauguration of the transitional government, but Machar said the timetable was "not workable".

The peace deal, signed by the two leaders last August under UN pressure, leaves Kiir as president and returns Machar to his old job as deputy.

The JMEC is yet to announce whether it will accept Machar's arrival date. Machar, through the spokesman, applauded the JMEC efforts in transporting his troops to Juba that begun on March 24.

His troops are expected to be incorporated into government forces and police.

The more-than-two-year civil war in South Sudan has killed tens of thousands of people, displaced over two million, among them some 200,000 are living in UN protection camps, with about five million facing food shortage.

Source: XINHUA

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

last batch of south sudan rebels arrive in juba last batch of south sudan rebels arrive in juba

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

last batch of south sudan rebels arrive in juba last batch of south sudan rebels arrive in juba

 



GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 11:03 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

No end to eyesores at Taj Mahal

GMT 07:40 2018 Monday ,15 January

C&A fashion chain eyes sale to Chinese investors

GMT 10:30 2017 Thursday ,02 November

Britain’s Aston Martin is performing

GMT 11:30 2017 Saturday ,02 September

Chinese Vice-Premier leaves the Country

GMT 00:48 2011 Thursday ,06 October

Modern fairy tale unfolds in London

GMT 09:30 2017 Thursday ,21 September

21 ISIS militant were killed in suicide attack in Hama

GMT 23:45 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Europe in the pink of health, feels Bjorn

GMT 13:16 2018 Friday ,19 January

Rafael Nadal into fourth round of Australian Open

GMT 18:10 2016 Monday ,31 October

PTI supporters planned to occupy secretariat

GMT 07:08 2017 Thursday ,21 December

Blinded in one eye, Syrian baby becomes symbol of siege

GMT 12:01 2017 Sunday ,17 December

S.Africa's troubled ANC meets to elect new leader

GMT 19:26 2013 Friday ,29 November

Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC

GMT 12:51 2017 Monday ,08 May

1 in 8 road deaths is a child in Oman

GMT 01:23 2017 Sunday ,28 May

RAK's tourism sector on a roll

GMT 17:20 2011 Thursday ,11 August

Moroccans flying EA increase
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice