asianled consortiums win australian casino bids
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Asian-led consortiums win Australian casino bids

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Asian-led consortiums win Australian casino bids

Brisbane - AFP

A Hong Kong billionaire and a Chinese-Australian investment consortium won bids Tuesday to build multi-billion-dollar mega-casinos in Queensland after other contenders were ruled out by the state government. Tony Fung's Aus$8.15 billion (US$7.53 billion) Aquis project near Cairns and ASF Consortium's Aus$7.5 billion Broadwater Marine Project on the Gold Coast will receive gaming licences if environmental, planning and gambling approvals are obtained, Queensland's Deputy Premier Jeff Seeney said. "The Queensland government has identified that these projects have the greatest capacity to deliver the requirements for an integrated resort development in the regions, particularly the potential to attract inter-state and international tourists as both these centres have international airports," Seeney said. He added that four other proposals, which included a bid supported by Australian golfing great Greg Norman, needed a "considerable amount of work" before they could meet the criteria outlined by the government. Fung, from one of Hong Kong's best-known banking families, last year said his Aquis project, a six-star integrated resort, would be a "man-made wonder of the world". Plans for the project, which will be 13 kilometres (eight miles) north of the Great Barrier Reef gateway city of Cairns in Yorkeys Knob, include the construction of a casino, nine luxury hotels with 3,750 rooms, and one of the world's largest aquariums. ASF Group, a Chinese-Australian investment firm listed on the Australian Securities Exchange which was joined in its bid by two state-owned Chinese companies, said its Gold Coast proposal included a waterfront eco-park and a cruise ship terminal. Seeney said the casino resorts -- two of the biggest non-mining projects in Queensland's history -- would create thousands of jobs in the state. But the proposed development in Yorkeys Knob has been criticised by some residents, who are afraid it could hurt local businesses and threaten the environment, including the World Heritage-listed reef. In a separate process, Echo Entertainment, which runs the only casino in Brisbane, Australian billionaire James Packer's Crown and a Hong Kong consortium are among the bidders for the right to built another integrated resort in the Queensland capital. Crown won approval from the New South Wales state government last year to build a casino and six-star hotel in Sydney targeting Asian high-rollers.

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

asianled consortiums win australian casino bids asianled consortiums win australian casino bids

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

asianled consortiums win australian casino bids asianled consortiums win australian casino bids

 



GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 05:04 2024 Tuesday ,06 February

Skincare PR Performance Full Year 2017

GMT 19:19 2018 Sunday ,07 January

Has the good fortune for ETFs run its course?

GMT 10:31 2014 Tuesday ,23 December

Mirages of failure: Lebanon cannot wait

GMT 10:35 2011 Thursday ,06 October

3 Syrian Army and Police martyrs laid to rest

GMT 20:32 2014 Tuesday ,16 December

Egypt criticise attack on Pakistan army school

GMT 06:53 2017 Friday ,17 February

Tunisia announces visa exemption for Chinese tourists

GMT 08:23 2017 Wednesday ,01 November

Saudi Arabia to allow women spectators in stadiums

GMT 12:57 2017 Saturday ,28 October

Libyan army deploys additional forces in Oil Crescent

GMT 12:24 2014 Monday ,03 November

Hlavackova, Hradecka team up again after split

GMT 15:58 2013 Sunday ,03 March

Xinhua launches new media newswire service

GMT 08:33 2012 Wednesday ,07 March

GCC swimming championship begins today
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice