The Washington Post said Tuesday that Marcus Brauchli would leave as executive editor for a corporate position, and will be replaced by Martin Baron, editor of The Boston Globe. Brauchli, who left a top editorial job at the Wall Street Journal in 2008 to lead The Post\'s news operations, will become vice president of The Washington Post Company with responsibility for evaluating new media opportunities. The Post said the change will become effective January 2. \"Marcus has contributed immeasurably in the more than four years he has been at the helm of this newsroom,\" Post publisher Katherine Weymouth said in a statement. \"Under his leadership, we have become one newsroom publishing on multiple platforms. We have become known for our ability to create innovative digital products that allow our readers to engage in new ways with some of the best journalism in the world.\" Weymouth added that \"we are thrilled to have Marty Baron lead The Washington Post\'s newsroom,\" adding that \"he has a demonstrated record of producing the highest quality journalism, which matches the legacy and expectations of The Post.\" According to a Post article, some reports indicated Brauchli and Weymouth had clashed in recent months over several issues, including the newsroom budget. Brauchli came to The Post from The Wall Street Journal, where he was a foreign correspondent, national editor, global editor and deputy managing editor before assuming the top news job of managing editor. Under Brauchli, The Post\'s newsroom won four Pulitzer Prizes and several other awards. Like other newspapers, The Post has struggled with a transition to digital platforms and declining print circulation and advertising. The Washington Post Company earlier this month reported a quarterly profit of $93.8 million, but that came from operations outside the flagship daily newspaper, which recorded an operating loss of $21.8 million. Baron has been editor at The Boston Globe since July 2001. He previously held senior editing positions at The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times and The Miami Herald. \"The Washington Post has played a defining and inspirational role in American journalism, and today it continues to lead as our profession undergoes a dramatic, urgent, and exciting transformation,\" Baron said in a statement. \"I am honored to join the supremely talented and dedicated journalists at The Washington Post.\" The Boston newspaper, which is owned by The New York Times Company, won six Pulitzer prizes during Baron\'s tenure.
GMT 09:43 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Global unemployment down but working poverty rampantGMT 15:13 2018 Sunday ,21 January
All you need to know about Davos 2018GMT 22:33 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Calls for action over dirty money flowingGMT 04:42 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Storm caused 90 mn euros in damage: Dutch insurersGMT 07:06 2018 Friday ,19 January
China economy rebounds in 2017 with 6.9% growthGMT 11:35 2018 Thursday ,18 January
'Massive' infrastructure spending needed in AfricaGMT 14:29 2018 Wednesday ,17 January
GE takes one-off hit of $6.2 bn linked to insurance activitiesGMT 18:55 2018 Tuesday ,16 January
London stock market edges to new high

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor