
Two U.S. shareholders have filed lawsuits to block the sale of H.J. Heinz Co. complaining the price was too low, court papers say. Papers were filed on behalf of Californian James Clem and on behalf of Hannons Inc., a Maryland company. Last week, investment firm Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and 3G Capital management said they had reached a deal to buy Heinz for $72.50 per share. The lawsuits both said that price was \"unfair,\" the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Monday. \"The (Heinz) board ... support the proposed acquisition in order to secure liquidity for their illiquid holdings in the company. From the sale of their illiquid block of shares in the proposed acquisition, the board and company management will receive more than $400 million,\" court papers say. The shareholders allege that Heinz\'s board would not talk with other bidders and included a termination fee of \"tens of millions of dollars\" in their purchase agreement. That meant Heinz was forced to follow through with the Berkshire Hathaway deal. A Heinz spokesman declined to comment on the lawsuits, the newspaper said.
GMT 09:47 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
SAP unveils big push into French tech start-upsGMT 05:07 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Noble Group shares surge 37 percent on buyout talksGMT 19:07 2018 Monday ,22 January
BAKS spent Dh225m on charity projects in 2017GMT 22:52 2018 Sunday ,21 January
French firm "recalls baby milk product"GMT 22:27 2018 Sunday ,21 January
US company plans funds that double bitcoin price movesGMT 21:23 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pence starts Mideast tour in Egypt amid Arab angerGMT 08:54 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Million-euro bill for firm behind Paris bike-share chaosGMT 10:47 2018 Friday ,19 January
German chemical giant BASF sees 'significant' profit leap

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor